Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dyna is going Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013 | 08:55 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Got the rear fender and still have to get it rotated so it's sitting right and a few other adjustments. But here is a look so far, sorry for taking so long on updates. Got to do it as money comes.

Old 07-11-2013 | 11:49 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Got a little work done on my struts today. Got a torch and heated up the struts right by the shocks at the bending point then took a scissor jack to start spreading them open. I ended up moving the jack down closer to the shocks for a better force at the bending point. Now they are sitting over night to cool down and see how much they draw in. I started at the stock 8.75" and have them pushed out to 10" so I guess we will see tomorrow afternoon if I need to do it again.

Old 07-13-2013 | 07:26 AM
Rainmakr
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
Got the rear fender and still have to get it rotated so it's sitting right and a few other adjustments. But here is a look so far, sorry for taking so long on updates. Got to do it as money comes.

Looks like your bagger project is coming along nicely!
Is that a RWS front fender?

Old 07-13-2013 | 10:44 AM
LagunaGlide
Road Master

I definately come from the school of less is more, but I'll be paying attention. Unique projects interest me.

Old 07-13-2013 | 11:35 AM
wideopen4life
Tourer

I'm interested in the success of spreading the fender struts. Been considering this to slide a fatbob fender between. Keep us posted if it works.

Old 07-13-2013 | 11:36 AM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Thanks for the positive comments. It's the RWD Rambler fender, fits low on the tire and just need to take a little off of the mounting points so it won't scrape any.

Old 07-13-2013 | 12:25 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by wideopen4life
I'm interested in the success of spreading the fender struts. Been considering this to slide a fatbob fender between. Keep us posted if it works.
The fender fits perfect. Had to take my struts from 8 3/4" to 10 1/4". Heat in front and around the shock mount and is now sitting at 9 1/4. Just know its going to take a while to do it. Be sure to let it cool naturally and you'll be able to fit a street glide fender easily

Old 07-13-2013 | 12:36 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
It's the RWD Rambler fender, fits low on the tire and just need to take a little off of the mounting points so it won't scrape any.
Hows the weld on that fender? Is it ready for paint or will it need prep work?
I ordered one awhile back through harley, drag specialities part, and when i took it to my painter, said it would take a few hours of hand prep work to get ready for paint. I ended up returning it due to what the final cost was going to be, fender price + prep work + paint = too much.

Old 07-13-2013 | 01:05 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

It doesn't need any body work on it. Just needs a little smoothing out and the. It's good to go. Rear fender is going to need an extension at the front of the fender to help protect my electrical area

Old 07-13-2013 | 01:13 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Got the rear fender for it's final fit and bolted. Going to take my old fender and make the extension at the front. Definitely needs lowered which is why I'm planning air ride for it. Would like to be able to pull up some where, dump it and see peoples reactions.

Quick Reply: My Dyna is going Bagger