Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dyna is going Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:16 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Oh heck no, I can't stand that thing. I don't think there is a single Victory bike that I like. Just haven't developed that taste for them. Mine will definitely still look like a Harley! I'm going to use the Edge Mounting Brackets and have a little flap inside the bag that I can still access the key lock. It's all designed in my head, just got start building my mold for fiberglass.

Old 05-31-2013 | 11:50 PM
HYPR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dyna_Bagger85
How wide was the FLHX fender before you stretched it out and how does it look after? Can you provide a rear facing picture?
The FLHX fender is about 8.625" wide. If you look at my garage there are plenty of photos including a rear facing photo.
Better yet check out this thread for a step by step on my build:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...er-mating.html

Bob

Old 06-10-2013 | 02:17 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Still no updates yet, had a set back in the budget but will be ordering my rear fender this week and get it mounted up. Then from there getting the bags built and a few months later getting my fairing. Decided that I'm going to go with air ride suspendsion as well. I have seen quite a few posts and videos about using Monroe MA785's and a lot of great feed back on ride quality and longevity.

Old 06-10-2013 | 03:12 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member

Go rob a bank or mug an old rich lady or something. Whatever it takes to get this done already.

Old 06-10-2013 | 03:36 PM
butch patrick
Cruiser
Default Dyna bagger?

Why not just buy a bagger? Harley has plenty to choose from. Just not for me, but................. to each his own.

Old 06-11-2013 | 07:20 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by butch patrick
Why not just buy a bagger? Harley has plenty to choose from. Just not for me, but................. to each his own.
LOL, I'd trade my WG for a bagger....

Old 06-11-2013 | 07:58 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by butch patrick
For me, it's the $13,000 I spent on my Bob plust the $600 I already have wrapped up in my bag install. Add another $150-$500 for which ever fender I decide to go with and maybe another $500-$700 in powder and paint and I am looking at a cost of around $15k for my (semi) bagger. Switchback wasn't out when I got my bike, plus the bags are to small for my liking. I don't have a giant front end (yet) but when I add my windshield, I can hang with the big boys when traveling and I don't have to pack lightly so to say. For $15k, I would say that I have saved more doing my kind of bagger then I would have lost trading in my bike for a bagger. I have way to many miles to get anything back on my bike, trade or sale!

Old 06-11-2013 | 10:58 AM
butch patrick
Cruiser
Default Dyna bagger?

Makes sense now.

Old 06-12-2013 | 05:46 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by blueangel73
For me, it's the $13,000 I spent on my Bob plust the $600 I already have wrapped up in my bag install. Add another $150-$500 for which ever fender I decide to go with and maybe another $500-$700 in powder and paint and I am looking at a cost of around $15k for my (semi) bagger. Switchback wasn't out when I got my bike, plus the bags are to small for my liking. I don't have a giant front end (yet) but when I add my windshield, I can hang with the big boys when traveling and I don't have to pack lightly so to say. For $15k, I would say that I have saved more doing my kind of bagger then I would have lost trading in my bike for a bagger. I have way to many miles to get anything back on my bike, trade or sale!
I'm with you...my bike is paid off and my wife goes to school full time and we have a 1 year old. Plus the Bob is long overdue for some loving and every time I see a bagger it want one ever more!

Old 06-12-2013 | 05:56 PM
Dyna_Bagger85
|
Road Master

Just a thought of making my own full length chin spoiler since all the ones for Dynas are small little things. Here's my first mock up of it, already got the mounting figured out and going to have to re-route the clutch cable. I'm going to be adding a 5 degree rake on it so it may come out a little bit further. And yeah of course there will be openings for the oil cooler and so are can get to the jugs.

Quick Reply: My Dyna is going Bagger