Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"T" Bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:20 AM
LBCutta
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have T-Bars and maybe I need to change the way I ride but the handling is not as good as it was with my stock mini apes on the Street Bob

Old 05-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Dyna346
Cruiser

Originally Posted by macnab_sf
You're telling me you're claiming to be an old fart and you've never seen bars like this before?

That bike is just all around dope!

Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Dyna346
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LBCutta
I have T-Bars and maybe I need to change the way I ride but the handling is not as good as it was with my stock mini apes on the Street Bob
There's a reason sport bike have such low bars, and its purely because of handling and aerodynamics ( given they are not very comfortable). Large t bars are not going to handle nearly as we'll as low drags, I have narrow drags and have increased my riser height from 4 inches, to 6 inches, and finally to 8 inches. While becoming more comfortable each change, the handling characteristics of the bike changed each time. So I agree if you are looking for pure handling, choose a short rake bike, with low bars. Something my WG will never be so I said screw it, lets lift these bars!

Old 05-13-2013, 10:40 AM
Dyna346
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Danielc409
Who cares what they look like .. I think flames look stupid but that's just an opinion. We don't mod to please others.
Don't you know man, flames add at least 10 HP to your ride

Old 05-13-2013, 11:17 AM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

They look fine to me..no better ...no worse than anything else, just someone else's preference.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:34 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
Actually they're not...

If they didnt have any pullback, your bars would be straight across, IE, your hands would be even with the top of the riser. Some risers are straight in reference to the triple-tree and some have additional pullback built into them.

Anyway...yours looks good!!

Old 05-13-2013, 11:47 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Ya...I guess I was referring to the riser pull back...and thanks bro!

Old 05-13-2013, 02:19 PM
bobber33!
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other day, I went for a ride with a bunch of buddies.
Practically all of us were on dynas with the exception of three baggers.
Out of that, we had three guys running tbars. Me and my dyna, one buddy and his dyna, and another buddy and his sporty. Everyone was chilling out having fun riding in the pack until we hit the twisties.
Us tbar guys practically left everyone behind.
By the time the rest of the pack arrived at the gas station at the bottom of the mountain, we had already had gassed up, had refreshments with a small snack, and a smoke. We were all mounted up and ready to go.
When we hit the major freeways traffic started building up and guess what?
All the tbar guys made it through so fast we got to take a nap when we arrived at the rendevous point for dinner.
During dinner, all the guys except the tbar fellas were talking about how rough the four hour ride was and how tiring it was to move through 40miles worth of traffic.

So I guess, we do it because we like to ride hard, fast, and long. That's what we get a kick out of.
I dunno maybe times have changed. You're either a part of it or not. Who cares if you are and who cares if you are not.

Last edited by bobber33!; 05-13-2013 at 02:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
panhead rick (09-24-2023)
Old 05-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

I logged onto the Forum to read a thread and a Bar Fight Broke out!

To each their own! What ever makes you comfy, what ever look you are trying to achieve, it is your bike, do what ever floats your boat. It is your canvas, create your own masterpiece.

I don't give a fat rats a$$ what anyone thinks, it's my bike, I ride it, you don't. Suite yourself.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:27 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

The whole idea of T-bar came from SOA, can't you read that Scott? Thought you are watching it every single night. It's Season 5, isn't it? Breaking bad

Quick Reply: "T" Bars