Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pedal Extension?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013 | 03:45 PM
Joe-2010FXDWG
|
Stage II
Default Brake Pedal Extension?

Have a 2010 FXDWG. Whenever I apply the rear brake, I have to pigeon toe my foot inward to apply the brake.

Is there a brake pedal/pad extension available for my bike? I know I can position the foot brake back but I need it to extend further away from the bike so I can press on the brake without having to twist my foot inward.

Thanks

Old 05-06-2013 | 03:53 PM
FXD_noob
Road Master

What a good question! I've been wondering about that too since I also need to curve my foot inward whenever I want to brake. I think there's a design reason for it though...if it were longer you might run the risk of inadvertently stepping on it or something. Just my two cents.

Old 05-06-2013 | 05:10 PM
craig11dyna
Tourer

Originally Posted by FXD_noob
What a good question! I've been wondering about that too since I also need to curve my foot inward whenever I want to brake. I think there's a design reason for it though...if it were longer you might run the risk of inadvertently stepping on it or something. Just my two cents.
I don't think so because the baggers have a very large brake pedal that doesn't require pigeon toeing. What I did was take a large adjustable wrench and put tape over the chrome part of the pedal and a rag over the wrench to avoid scratching the chrome and bent the pedal over. I also installed a DK Custom slim A/C so my leg was not pushed out as much by the Harley A/C. The DK A/C positions your leg another inch or more closer to the tank. I no longer have to pigeon toe the brake.

Old 05-06-2013 | 05:28 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Old 05-06-2013 | 05:31 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Ya they make a larger pad. Check out jpicht's post above.

Old 05-06-2013 | 06:49 PM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member

You should be able to put just about any brake pedal on your bike you want.

I had the same problem and bought a HD bagger pedal for my 02 WG. I just took the little rubber stock pedal off and drilled a hole where I wanted the new on to go.

Old 05-09-2013 | 02:20 PM
Joe-2010FXDWG
|
Stage II

Thanks for the input and advice on this matter. My pegs are from the edge cut collection. I did check into the larger edge cut pad. Seems I will have to drill another hole to make it work according to the dealership. I also checked into getting a different brake arm with the extended pad. Unfortunately, this will not work either because of the shaft size on the brake chamber. Before I go and change all my pegs for another option, thinking I will try drilling the hole instead.

Old 05-09-2013 | 03:22 PM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Joe-2010FXDWG
Thanks for the input and advice on this matter. My pegs are from the edge cut collection. I did check into the larger edge cut pad. Seems I will have to drill another hole to make it work according to the dealership. I also checked into getting a different brake arm with the extended pad. Unfortunately, this will not work either because of the shaft size on the brake chamber. Before I go and change all my pegs for another option, thinking I will try drilling the hole instead.

Drilling the extra hole is a piece of cake. My pedal came with a large off set washer that covered the original hole.

Old 05-09-2013 | 03:25 PM
Surfbum
Intermediate

Nice backrest on your bike. That would have made my last trip so much more comfortable.

Old 05-09-2013 | 04:47 PM
jpicht
Tourer

Originally Posted by Surfbum
Nice backrest on your bike. That would have made my last trip so much more comfortable.
Thanks for the compliment. It's adjustable, so I can use it in a more upright position for "bar-hopping" and push it back for longer trips. One of the best investments I've made.

Quick Reply: Brake Pedal Extension?