Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much do you love your Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 04:32 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Default How much do you love your Dyna?

I read sometimes about people trading in their Dyna for a Softail or a Touring, and I think one time I heard about someone getting rid of their Dyna for a Sporty.

I, for one, can not imagine trading or selling mine. I've had way too much fun with it, and I know that I'll keep having fun with it. I might add a bike or two down the line, but my Dyna will always have a home in my garage.

So, what about you?

Old 05-04-2013, 04:52 PM
FXD_noob
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For a daily rider such as myself, the Dyna is the best of both worlds: nimble and quick for daily traffic and lane splitting, and sturdy enough to handle luggage for the life-changing long rides. No way I'm changing my Dyna.

Also, I hate it when someone says they've "upgraded" to a touring model, as if it were an improvement of some sort. Bigger numbers don't make it a better option! (it all depends on what you're looking for I guess)

Old 05-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Awww I just get the warmest feeling inside when I think about my Dyna, couldn't imagine a world without it.... The blazing symbol of true freedom.
Seriously tho, I have thought about adding a Street Glide to the garage one day, but it wouldn't result in me trading my bob. I'd probably end up chasing the perfect bar hopper with it, while maintaining the cruisability with the SG. Dynas definitely are the way to go for classic power and stylish cruising.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:06 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Not enough to argue about which spark plugs to use in it.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:11 PM
2012SuperGlider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to add a Road King at some point in time but I wouldn't think about getting rid of my Superglide. It is a great daily driver.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:16 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

love my fat bob but if your riding long and hard and 2 up, sorry. dyna just aint gonna cut it. Would be nice to have both for the folks who are wealthy. Street bob for rippin around town and ultra for long hauls. tunes r nice at times too.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:21 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have been riding touring bikes for many years.
Added a wide glide for the wife. I was surprised at how much I like it. Light, great power, good handling and great looks. I added a super glide a couple months ago but haven't had time to get any miles on it. I did take it to a pro shop for a engine build where I only ride it for 25 miles. I think I will like it a lot. It handles better than the WG at this point.
If it comes down to one bike I will have to keep my Street Glide. I hope it never comes to that because I really like the Dyna bikes.
The reason some say they upgraded to a street glide is they are going from a cruiser to a touring bike. Better handling (so to speak), better comfort. but bigger payments.
It really depends on each persons use and purpose.
On trips I do 400-800 mile days so I want to be really comfortable.
just saying

Old 05-04-2013, 06:32 PM
stephenhelsel
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would sell my soul before I sell my dyna.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:50 PM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Love my dyna

Old 05-04-2013, 08:11 PM
ilovemyskidoo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first harley I ever saw was My Stepfathers 79 lowrider it was the only harley I've ever wanted so 2 years ago when i got My fxdl it was instant love and the fact that it's a dyna is even better. I may someday get a street glide but My fxdl will always be in My garage waiting to be handed down to My Son.

Quick Reply: How much do you love your Dyna?