Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why should Dyna be blackout completely?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 AM
DM1975
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted a blacked out bike back ten years or so ago to be different, but now everyone has their bikes blacked out so I'm adding chrome. Not too much, not too little...

I really think you can overdo both, and in some cases overdoing it looks good, but mostly if you do a decent blend of both I think it looks really good.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

I DONT THINK ITS JUST DYNAS, its all bike, i like the look but would never think of doing it myself

Old 04-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Rampant
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a big fan of that metallic orange/copper color. I plan to powdercoat my tank and fenders THAT. Black is nice looking and "badass" but as soon as you ride with a group and they ALL look like that it completely loses the effect.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:12 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Short answer is you don't...unless you want to and it is appealing to you. It is a fad, and is becoming the norm, so your bike will stand out less as many have said. You have a very nice blend on your bike. And very tastefully done. Don't follow the herd bro...

Old 04-22-2013, 12:22 PM
ReapersWG
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personnally like the blacked out look. Always have. I personally would have bought a Nightrain if HD had still made them or could have found a leftover in my area when I got my Wide Glide. The first thing I did to mine was black it out other than a few things here and there which will eventually get the blacked out treatment at some point. I had my motor mods done before I even put a tenth of a mile on it so it didn't cost me any more labor to put the blacked out rocker boxes and the like on. Other than the blacked out look I'd love to do my motor up in the black chrome look like on the Ultima engines you can get for me that is the ultimate look. Maybe some day just not anyone near me who does this and no really anyone around I've heard of that I'd absolutely trust 100% to do mine now. Don't wanna ship parts half way around the country and there be a flaw or something and have to fight to get it fixed. Thats my opinion on the blacked out look= The best look IMHO period.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:24 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The all black isn't for me either. I Luke some, but I think the black with a splash of chrome for contrast is better looking. I've gotten many compliments on my bike in the short time I've had it. End of the day, do ur bike the way you want it. That's why there are so many companies/parts that u caN customize with to make it ur own.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:00 PM
MXerwithaBob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everytime a thread like this comes up, it's always the "it's a fad" stuff. Around here, you'd be hard pressed to find more than a few blacked out bikes in the crowd. It's only a fad in our little hdforums world. It's funny how most of the younger guys think blacked out is normal (because most of us grew up liking that look) and the wiser guys think it's just a "fad."

That being said, I'm in the contrast crowd, whether it be chrome or some color, it helps break up all the black.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The more black the faster they are. I thought everyone knew this. LOL

Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Actually there is a large amount of people who have and are blackening their bikes out here in NM. Which is cool with me, I am trading chrome for black with a couple of local guys. Saving me a bunch of cash!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:28 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 128auto
Lately I have ppl trying to convince me to black out my forks, trees and the rest of the bike. Why is that? Now I am curious, why should Dyna be blackout more than any other Harley models? Is Badass the only word to describe? I'd like to hear your side of the story if you happened to have one. No Chromed beauties here
Please don't beat me on this, general chatting and my curiosity.
The reason peeps are saying this is because of your particular mix of black and chrome. No offense at all, but the frontend is kinda lost in translation. You have black bars and gaiters but the rest is chrome/stock and the whole rear half of your bike is blacked out and your engine area is chrome.

The easiest thing to do at this point would be to use chrome bars and rear shocks, then everything will be tied together. Otherwise, go all black and don't look back!!!

Quick Reply: Why should Dyna be blackout completely?