Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why should Dyna be blackout completely?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 845 Likes on 454 Posts

This guy gets it...

Old 01-21-2014, 01:06 AM
Ozbernie
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by zimm
I like black and chrome. I put all black tins on it and it was lost among the 120+ bikes at my work's parking lot. I put the stock tins back on and now I can find my bike in the crowd.
Nice bike, really tasteful!
What length rear shocks are they?

Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 AM
Ozbernie
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I like black and chrome. I put all black tins on it and it was lost among the 120+ bikes at my work's parking lot. I put the stock tins back on and now I can find my bike in the crowd.
Cool ride! What length shocks are they?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:04 AM
zimm
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

13" JRI from Howard at motorcycle metal. Thanks!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:29 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

One of my favorites on the forum, simple, clean, ultra-functional. Just a very nice bike.

A couple of questions.
Where do you work that has 120+ bikes in the lot? It must be the Pentagon. (Are you a spy? Have you killed people? Who killed JFK?)
The number of cars must be incredible unless you work at a HD factory! I work at a place with 7000 employees, and don't see more that maybe two or three dozen bikes on the best days.

Where did you get the aft bag hanger thing that moves the pin at the aft end of your struts? That's a hell of an idea.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:00 AM
zimm
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
One of my favorites on the forum, simple, clean, ultra-functional. Just a very nice bike.

A couple of questions.
Where do you work that has 120+ bikes in the lot? It must be the Pentagon. (Are you a spy? Have you killed people? Who killed JFK?)
The number of cars must be incredible unless you work at a HD factory! I work at a place with 7000 employees, and don't see more that maybe two or three dozen bikes on the best days.

Where did you get the aft bag hanger thing that moves the pin at the aft end of your struts? That's a hell of an idea.
Thanks for the compliments. Yes the Pentagon (but no to the other questions, I'm a navy helo pilot)- 26,000 employees. Two motorcycle lots- I got tired of counting bikes past 100+ spots, plus on a perfect day the fair weather fairies clog the lot and we have to park down the middle. On the worst of days (-10 windchill last week, there was 4 bikes- I ride my KTM on those days)

The brackets on the struts are for leather pros 2010+ wide glide bags- they let your keep strut mounted turn signals (which I just ditched for now). They fit all other dynas too. Only problem is that the spacing is specific, so I can't remove the brackets and use the standard studs on the struts.

Here's a thread on 'em. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ide-glide.html

Last edited by zimm; 01-21-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:16 AM

(Are you a spy? Have you killed people? Who killed JFK?)

To Funny..lol

Old 01-21-2014, 08:32 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for the compliments. Yes the Pentagon (but no to the other questions, I'm a navy helo pilot)- 26,000 employees. Two motorcycle lots- I got tired of counting bikes past 100+ spots, plus on a perfect day the fair weather fairies clog the lot and we have to park down the middle. On the worst of days (-10 windchill last week, there was 4 bikes- I ride my KTM on those days)

The brackets on the struts are for leather pros 2010+ wide glide bags- they let your keep strut mounted turn signals (which I just ditched for now). They fit all other dynas too. Only problem is that the spacing is specific, so I can't remove the brackets and use the standard studs on the struts.

Here's a thread on 'em. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ide-glide.html
Thanks for the link. I was just screwing around, but it was a damn good guess about the Pentagon based on 2 clues. Virginia and a massive parking lot. I should be a spy! Any opening in Navy Intelligence?

Seriously, love the bike. I'm going to look into similar mounts to see about using strut mounted TS with non-LP bags it's a big issue for a lot of people.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:36 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Oh wow, can't stop laughing, actually rotfl!

Originally Posted by Spanners39
This guy gets it...

Old 01-21-2014, 11:08 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Thanks for the link. I was just screwing around, but it was a damn good guess about the Pentagon based on 2 clues. Virginia and a massive parking lot. I should be a spy! Any opening in Navy Intelligence?

Seriously, love the bike. I'm going to look into similar mounts to see about using strut mounted TS with non-LP bags it's a big issue for a lot of people.
I was thinking the same! Your questions seriously made me chuckle (and cough and sputter--but the cough and sputter are a result of this nasty cold I have). I've always thought I could be a spy--but I've got no security clearance of any sort... my closest thing to military security clearance is watching the people at L3 out my window at work as they play around with their Hummers with military communication stuff on them. I do have HIPAA clearance, is that a good start for a government spy job?

I also like that color combo of your bike, it's a good, classic HD setup...

Hmm, it sounds like I'm jumping on the SLV bandwagon, but really, I'm not. It's just coincidence that I'm going to paint my bike red and put skate wheels on my shifter peg...

Quick Reply: Why should Dyna be blackout completely?