Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshields

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:19 PM
brotherbob
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshields

hey everyone. I am taking a few long trips this summer and thinking about buying a detachable windshield. I was doing some research on memphis shades. could i see some pics?

Old 02-18-2007, 11:34 PM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Windshields

here's a pic of my memphis shades part no mem3310 on my 06 fxdbi (bad pic but should give you an idea)

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1283215/tm.htm

Old 02-19-2007, 12:15 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

I've always liked and used the detachable touring HD windshield on my dyna. It was wide and stopped much buffeting.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:40 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought me one of the new H-D Quick Detach standard height windshields, and overall I'm pretty pleased with it. This is the first bike that I have ever owned with a windshield, and I held off getting this one for awhile now. I feel a lil more vibration and a very slight amount of buffetting now, butall of that is just from the wind comming from under the windshield. I was able to adjust mine up and down enough to eliminate most all of the buffetting. Overall longer trips are more comfortable now and I can ride more relaxed now at Hwy speeds.

John

Old 02-19-2007, 12:51 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: haksaw

here's a pic of my memphis shades part no mem3310 on my 06 fxdbi (bad pic but should give you an idea)

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1283215/tm.htm
haksaw,

Is that a fat or slim (too lazy to look it up) I sold my HD detach recently; just could'nt get used to how far it stuck out and the rush of air around the headlight. Going with the Memphis black - just can't decide between the 2 styles. The fact that the Memp. has permanent docking hardware makes no dif to me...

Old 02-19-2007, 01:34 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: brotherbob

hey everyone. I am taking a few long trips this summer and thinking about buying a detachable windshield. I was doing some research on memphis shades. could i see some pics?
Brotherbob,

Which shade are you interested in? Not to be a 'threadjacker' but it would be cool to see both the slim and fats models on a SB... I'm looking hard at them as well. Was not too impressed with my last 2 HD quick-detach shields.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:40 PM
riverman
Cruiser

when I started looking at windshields for the long hauls, I looked at detachable too. I decided to not spend the extra dough on the hardware. I put mine on before Sturgis in 05 and have never taken it off. The only difference I have noticed is that it keeps some of the bugs, rain and wind off of me; which is a good thing. I have no desire to ride without it now.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: riverman

when I started looking at windshields for the long hauls, I looked at detachable too. I decided to not spend the extra dough on the hardware. I put mine on before Sturgis in 05 and have never taken it off. The only difference I have noticed is that it keeps some of the bugs, rain and wind off of me; which is a good thing. I have no desire to ride without it now.
I'm going to Sturgis'commando' this year, no shield! Just to say I did it once! It's about a 9 hour ride for me -could prove interesting....

Old 02-19-2007, 01:50 PM
brotherbob
Stage III

Brotherbob,

Which shade are you interested in? Not to be a 'threadjacker' but it would be cool to see both the slim and fats models on a SB... I'm looking hard at them as well. Was not too impressed with my last 2 HD quick-detach shields.
I was looking at the El Paso windshield. Has anyone heard anything about the handlebar mounted windshields?

Old 02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Hardway
Intermediate

Here's my HD windsheild with quick off hardware. It does a really good job on the road for bugs and cold winds. Hope this helps.
Chuck

Quick Reply: Windshields