Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone w/Wide Glide and added rake????

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 03:34 PM
**Blu**
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone w/Wide Glide and added rake????

I have a '12 Wide Glide and have a plan to add more rake to it next winter. I have already dropped the rear end as well as raising the tank to ensure "that" look. I currently have 34 degrees and was wishing to push it to the ND state law max of 45 degrees or maybe a few less. Any pics I can find is of older models and I know the rakes have varied over the years... I am thinking the AME kits which come in 14 or 9 degree. Was hoping if anyone who has done this could post pics of the bike as well as letting me know what the rake (both before and after)is and what kit.

Much appreciated!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 04:53 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

That much rake? I'd chop the frame.Thats too much just in the trees.Youll hate the ride.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:00 PM
CB024
Road Master

Originally Posted by HrdNox
That much rake? I'd chop the frame.Thats too much just in the trees.Youll hate the ride.
Frame rework is in order on this idea. With that much rake in the trees its going to handle like complete crap.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:24 AM
**Blu**
Intermediate

Without having to mod the frame or sacrificing ride, what would be the max rake you'd suggest then? Hate to say it, but I've always liked the stretched look of Mickey Rourkes bike in Harley Davidson and the Malboro Man ...

Old 04-22-2013, 09:47 AM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:56 PM
CB024
Road Master

Originally Posted by **Blu**
Without having to mod the frame or sacrificing ride, what would be the max rake you'd suggest then? Hate to say it, but I've always liked the stretched look of Mickey Rourkes bike in Harley Davidson and the Malboro Man ...
Do a search on Google for "rake and trail calculators". I would add a link but not sure I'm allowed on this site. Do your homework before diving into it. The only right way to do it is chopping the frame.

Read read and read some more. Its awesome stuff and interesting how making small changes can change the whole characteristics of how a bike behaves both at slow speeds and highway speeds.

Have to agree with you about Black Death. It is one of my all time favorite movie bikes.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 AM
**Blu**
Intermediate

CUDOS to CADGuy on finding that info. Someone did a good job of mimicking his bike. And thanks everyone, I guess it is probably a good idea to research it a little more before diving into another 2 g's worth of mods.... I just went through AME's site and they made it seem it was just a matter of switching out the trees (still maintained an ideal trail with that much more added rake). Now if Spring would finally make it to North Dakota, I could pull my new bike out of storage and enjoy what I've done to it this winter.....

Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 AM
**Blu**
Intermediate

In case someone doesn't know what bike we're talking about and can't open the link....

Also, bad pic of mine as it is tightly packed in storage. Hard to see the lowered rear end and raised tank, but its there. I promise. And yes, I know Blackdeath is silver and mine is blue, but with my name being Blu.... Just saying

Attached Thumbnails Anyone w/Wide Glide and added rake????-myhdmm4.jpg   Anyone w/Wide Glide and added rake????-1732_10151400356306032_559951288_n.jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 AM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, bad pic of mine as it is tightly packed in storage.
Please accept my apologies for this little intrusion. But could someone let me in on that sissy? Is it aftermarket or custom?
Thanks.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 AM
CB024
Road Master

CUDOS to CADGuy on finding that info. Someone did a good job of mimicking his bike. And thanks everyone, I guess it is probably a good idea to research it a little more before diving into another 2 g's worth of mods.... I just went through AME's site and they made it seem it was just a matter of switching out the trees (still maintained an ideal trail with that much more added rake). Now if Spring would finally make it to North Dakota, I could pull my new bike out of storage and enjoy what I've done to it this winter.....
Cool. Post up how you like it after you are done with the mod.

Quick Reply: Anyone w/Wide Glide and added rake????