Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished my 10" T Bars on my Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Finished my 10" T Bars on my Wide Glide

Well, I got my new bars in today and put them on. They are Wild One 10" Psycho Drags. I was able to use all stock cables. If you go 12" you will at least be replacing the brake line and most likely the throttle cable too. The brake line JUST did fit...And yes, my fairing is crooked. I pulled it for the install and didn't get a chance to get it straight...Without further ado...

Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Default Couple more...

Old 04-19-2013, 08:43 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks good Chris! How do they feel, much better huh? Thanks for the info on the cables, lines and such. Very helpful info. I've got a couple of decisions to make now...

Old 04-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
Looks good Chris! How do they feel, much better huh? Thanks for the info on the cables, lines and such. Very helpful info. I've got a couple of decisions to make now...
They are perfect for me. Exactly what I wanted. Pretty good luck for taking a WAG on the internet. I had 14" apes on my RK and they were just a touch too high. I loved the way they felt but they made my fingers go to sleep and tingle. I was careful not to go too high this time. I could do 12s but that would be my limit. On a Wideglide, you have to realize that higher also means closer so it will always be a compromise unless you go with bars on risers or the adjustable T-Bars I have seen. Again, I got lucky and they fit PERFECT...Got to love not having to extend wires or take plugs apart too. Just pull the tiny ones through the bars...

Old 04-20-2013, 06:55 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Well they look great and knew they would improve the feel for you. Good to hear that the smaller connectors just pull through the bars and not have to extend anything at 10". I'm leaning toward standard risers and drag bars now though since there are so many t-bars out there. Think it will give a more classic look too...

Old 04-20-2013, 07:17 AM
saschagast
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how long did the wiring take you man? i'm doing the same thing soon

Old 04-20-2013, 08:12 AM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Well after looking around for standard 8" risers and drag bars, I came across a great deal on a set of nice looking bars on eBay for $51 new. Couldn't really find much in the way of the risers and bars I wanted so I pilled the pin on the Ultima 2 bend 1-1/4" drag Y bars with 8" rise from eBay.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by saschagast
how long did the wiring take you man? i'm doing the same thing soon
It only took about two hours for the entire job and that include drilling and tapping the housing to install a cruise mate. I have done TONS of bars though. I change almost a set a week for my little side venture...

Old 04-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
Well after looking around for standard 8" risers and drag bars, I came across a great deal on a set of nice looking bars on eBay for $51 new. Couldn't really find much in the way of the risers and bars I wanted so I pilled the pin on the Ultima 2 bend 1-1/4" drag Y bars with 8" rise from eBay.
Those look pretty dang good. I have used that company before too. I hope they end up being high enough though. Worse case, you can get a set of spacers from Spacer Jim to get to 10"...

Old 04-20-2013, 09:01 AM
CB024
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks a lot better than thought it would. Nice job. How much closer did it bring the bars to you and how high did it raise your hand position?

Quick Reply: Finished my 10" T Bars on my Wide Glide