Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Input on adjusting tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 AM
fmf979
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input on adjusting tuner

This week i removed my xieds and put on a fuel moto micro efi tuner. Since I am in Pa it has been mid 40's the last few days but I rode it 20 miles each day to test it.
I have an 11 Fat Bob with SE Stage 1 AC and VH straight shot hs full system exhaust.
The reason I changed from xieds was I was getting decel pop and the plugs seem very white.
It had a 1/4 tank of fuel from november in it with stabil I filled it with fresh gas and rode. I got a few decel pops engine braking after 4th and 5th gear hard accel.
Do you think this could be the mixture of some old fuel and cold temps?

Or may it pop worse when it warms up?
I was thinking maybe use the pots on it and add 5% in the 2000 to 4000 thousand range.
What do all you gurus think would be best to get rid of the pop?

Old 03-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup, thats exactly what I did. Those pots are really handy to fine tune your bike. The canned map is close but, once I bumped the middle pot (only about 3-4%) the pop was completely gone. Just carry a tool you can use to adjust it on the road and do a couple lights, and tune, a couple lights and tune. Thats what I love about my FM tuner. Good luck!

Old 03-30-2013, 04:23 PM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thinking of laying down the cash for the same set up you got. How do the straightshots sound?

Old 03-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Come to find out, even though you do get rid of the pop, its pretty much a waste of gas, as the pop isn't harmful or damaging. Finding that sweet spot does take a bit but, if you have a little pop here and there you'll be fine. Unless you absolutely have to get rid of it.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:18 PM
steveusaf
Advanced

I just put the Micro EFI tuner on my '12 FXDC along with one of their Stage 1 air cleaners. I had been running V-IEDs and Thunder Torque Inserts on my Rush Slip On (2") to get rid of the decel popping I had when I added the slip ons. Didn't really make much difference.

The tuner was simple to install and works like a miracle. Took it for a good test ride yesterday and 90% of the decel popping is gone. What's still there is more like a gurgle/rumble, which sounds OK is is not bothersome at all. As a bonus, the tuner and air cleaner really livened everything up.

My fuel was 5 months old with no stabilizer (can't seem to find any in the UK for some odd reason - they don't seem to use it). Before, it would pop in cooler weather. Now (with weather still cool), 90% is gone.

Maybe your setup requires adjustment with the pots. Luckily, mine did not. Couldn't be happier with the Fuel Moto setup.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 PM
fmf979
Cruiser

Straightshots they are loud very loud on my bike. I like them a lot. I hear they make quiet baffles but I have no need for them. The bike runs super strong too. I turned it up to 3% on the mid pot and I only got one slight hint of a pop which I can live with.
I am very pleased with the microtuner as well.
It seems to run much smoother and stronger than with the xieds. More like the sewing machine analogy I have heard about.
Maybe I will turn it back to zero and see what effect ambient temp has on the decel pop?