Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handle bar recall.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:18 PM
harley9701
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handle bar recall.

Has anyone had there handle bar recall done yet. I have called once a week since I received the letter and was told that they didn't know when they would be in. I was put on a list at the last Harley shop I called. Just wondering.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:00 PM
JJHarley
6th Gear
Default RE: Handle bar recall.

Dealer called me about 10 days ago and said that they received a shipment of bars. They came and picked up my bike on Tues. and will call when done. Not even two weeks from time I received letter to pick up. Pretty good service.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:06 PM
dyna2319
Tourer

My dealer told me that thye have not received any of the kits yet to do the recall. Where are you located? I live in Northern VA.

dyna2319

Old 02-14-2007, 10:12 PM
JJHarley
6th Gear

Having the 1000 mile service done along with the handlebar recall. I live in North East Pa.. Right now we are in the middle of a blizzard. No riding for quite a while,

Old 02-14-2007, 11:22 PM
oakies
Advanced

Havent called my dealer yet about the recall, because there 2 feet of snow on the ground. Probably should///just to find out if they got any in yet.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:54 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the same boat as some of the other guys....winter, snow, salt, etc. I figured I'd just wait until spring...by then, all the dealers should have them in. But I did hear one thing that was interesting. JJ...you said they came and picked up your bike? They did that for the tranny recall (on my 06). I didn't think they would do that for this recall....especially since my bars aren't showing any signs of cracking or problems. Is that HD policy (as in the tranny recall)...or was that just something your dealer did?
Thanks buddy

Todd

Old 02-15-2007, 12:57 AM
Skylark
Cruiser

This is just for Wide Glides?

Old 02-15-2007, 02:08 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,057 Likes on 2,111 Posts

ORIGINAL: veniculum

I'm in the same boat as some of the other guys....winter, snow, salt, etc. I figured I'd just wait until spring...by then, all the dealers should have them in. But I did hear one thing that was interesting. JJ...you said they came and picked up your bike? They did that for the tranny recall (on my 06). I didn't think they would do that for this recall....especially since my bars aren't showing any signs of cracking or problems. Is that HD policy (as in the tranny recall)...or was that just something your dealer did?
Thanks buddy

Todd
Venic, wait for nice weather.

When I had the neutral recall issue, I rode mine in, andmy dealer sent me off on
a loaner of my choice. They called me the next day that my scooter was ready to go.

I waited togo back in fora couple days,
cause I was enjoying the change ofluck.

mud

Old 02-15-2007, 03:54 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: mudpuddle

Venic, wait for nice weather.

When I had the neutral recall issue, I rode mine in, andmy dealer sent me off on
a loaner of my choice. They called me the next day that my scooter was ready to go.

I waited togo back in fora couple days,
cause I was enjoying the change ofluck.

mud
Sounds like things are a little different down in TX...I can't speak for all the dealers here in NJ...but I can tell you this...I have a better chance of receiving oral favors from Britney Spears than getting a loaner from my local dealer But I'll tell you what...if I thought I could get another bike for a couple days...I'd love it....only problem is....I'd probably want to buy it afterwards.

Todd

Old 02-15-2007, 10:59 AM
harley9701
Advanced

I live in Florida so I'm lucky enought to be able to ride most of the year. I had a bad experience with my local stealer when I went to buy my Dyna. I ended up riding over a hundred miles on my wifes Sportser (with her on the back ) to pick up my new bike. What a ride !! Now I am trying to deal with them again with this recall . Both stores are owned by the same guy. One shop said they didn't know when the parts would be in, and the other put me on a list. I may just ride back to my purchasing dealer who by the way treated me like they wanted my business and truely cared . I guess I just answered my own question.

Quick Reply: Handle bar recall.