Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle Pro II slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Larryc5079
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin' Eagle Pro II slip ons?

How do Screamin' Eagle Pro II slip ons sound on a Dyna? I understand that Harley doesn't sell them anymore, why? DO I need to any modifications to the carb? I have seen alot of talk about the Rush slipons. Are they about the best as far as sound and performance? I can get the S. E. for under $100.

Thanks,
Larry

Old 02-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Screamin' Eagle Pro II slip ons?

They sound ok, I replaced mine because I didn't care for the look of the slip on's.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:58 PM
bronk
Road Master

I like my SE2s! Not too loud,but still has the growl.They sound really good at idle and start up, and tend to level out at cruising speed.I wear earplugs now with them as well.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Angry_Monkey
Cruiser

Throw some Big City Thunder Monster Baffles and they sound damn good, IMO. They discontinued them due to EPA regs from what I'm told.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:06 PM
dubblist
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bronk

I like my SE2s! Not too loud,but still has the growl.They sound really good at idle and start up, and tend to level out at cruising speed.I wear earplugs now with them as well.
I'll second this but I don't wear plugs. Sounds real nice at idle but does level out when riding. Infact I don't even really hear it unless I'm cruising around 70+ hwy and then it purrrrrrs. I'm going to upgrade to Bassani's Pro Street I think they're called, mostly for looks though.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:13 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I PUT SEII ON MY LOW RIDER 07. I LIKE THEM, JUST THE RIGHT SOUND FOR ME. THE TOLD TO UPDATE WITH THE RACING TUNER. SO DID. PLUS K&N RK-3910 AIR FILTER.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

Hear for yourself: https://www.hdforums.com/m_888294/tm.htm

Old 02-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the sound of my SE2s and Big City Thunder baffles. The deep, throaty sound rocks and the power is noticeable. If you like the appearance of a stock exhaust, they're a good, inexpensive combo. I like the look of the V&H Side Shots. One of these days...

As for your other question, with slip ons alone, you shouldn't need any carb jetting or EFI adjustment. If you open up the A/C, you'll be really lean.

Good luck!

Old 02-13-2007, 03:01 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master

I also have the SEII's with the bct baffles and I like them alot...If you add the bct baffles, it will make the SEII's quite a bit louder..
b

Old 02-13-2007, 06:26 PM
mtb017
Advanced

I too have an 06 Wide Glide with Se11's, Stage 1AC, Stage 1 Race Download and Big City Thunder baffles. The sound with the new baffles is a bit louder without being obnoxious, but a nice deeper tone. I haven't noticed any loss of power throughout the RPM range either. They took only 20 minutes to install, and I believe a great addition for $130 bucks. If anyone knows whether the Race download is sufficient or whether a SERT or PC!!! might be necessary down the road let me know. Plugs seem good so far, but haven't riddent with them in the heat yet. Let me know your thoughts, only as to "necessity". Shovelhead Bod usually has good insight into these things.

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle Pro II slip ons?