Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker gel or not on a Lepera Silhouette solo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 02:37 AM
pheur
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biker gel or not on a Lepera Silhouette solo?

I've heard good recommendations about biker gel but also some that do not recommend it, I do not however remember the reasons for not going with biker gel?

I've had a Lepera bare bones standard for a year and I love the looks of it, I've changed bars now though and I will need just a little more support in the back so I am going for a Silhouette solo (with a passenger pad). This time I am optioning for the leather because it looks better but I am torn about biker gel or not.

Please enlighten me about why some think you should not opt for biker gel? Since a bare bones without have worked for long runs for me (I do not weigh much) without problems I think a Silhouette with biker gel would be like sitting on clouds? Since I am choosing leather I guess that actually helps with the comfort too.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:34 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Go for the gel..Gives ya a good "wrap around feeling" Yes, I said "Wrap around"
Not reach around...My pad is not all that big but is layered with gel and absorbs impacts and vibrations well.Alot more so than that factory seat ever did.I hated that damn thing.The Silhouette is a good lookin seat.Looked at em at one time.