Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about a group buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 PM
bostock1957
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about a group buy?

Hey All,

I just heard from True-Track the other day that there is usually a group buy going on in the site about their stabilizer systems. I'd like to get in on it but they did not know if it was one specific portion of the site or a particular forum or exactly whom the contact should be, is there an official contact for group buy ins for the site?

I'd like to find out more about this buy in for True-Track because I want to add them but haven't seen or heard or can find in a search anything about this one at least, but it'd be nice to save a buck for a change!

Thanks and if anyone knows, please fill me in as well and find out where to sign up.

Ride Safe!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:41 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Smile True Track Group Buy Info

TT group buy
Ok guys,
I have gone back to the decision makers and was able to achieve the following. Some may not find this to their liking either but it is better than what was available prior.
For those that are serious about this group buy the following will have to take place in order for this to move forward.

TT customer service (818-623-0697) must collect from a minimum of 10 members their complete cc info, shipping address and forum member ID no later than the 31st of Jan. 2013. Please mention HDFJan2013 when providing information.

Once the minimum has been achieved, and only then, each participant will then be notified via a PM message and their cc card then charged the appropriate group buy pricing (see below) of each model offered. We will ship to each individual (provided they are in the US) free of charge via USPS Priority Mail only and for those outside of the US, shipping fees will apply.

The minimum requirement must be met before the end of the month - this offer ends January 31st, 2013, no exceptions.

If for any reason any credit card is declined and we longer have at least the 10 minimum requirement met, this offer will not go forward and refunds will be provided and no shipments made.

It's up to you (the members) to make this happen or not!

Model 20-00-09 for years 2009-present group buy offer: $379.00
Model 20-00LR or 20-00 for years 1993-2008 group buy offer: $349.00
Model 20-30 for years 1994-present group buy offer $335.00

K
True-Track
818-623-0697
Last edited by true-track; 01-11-2013 at 09:48 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Just some more info:

The thread on this group buy is in the Touring Forum and can be easily found using the Search Box on the upper right part of any page in this forum. Would post it myself but still struggle at that talent on the IPad.

I think we are up to at least 5 buyers, but need 10. I think the price is a bargain and I am one of the 5.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 PM
bostock1957
Advanced
Default Thanks for the info Alan!

Hey Alan,

Thanks for the info, I had heard a blib about it somewhere but the search might not have been made right or worked right when I did it and couldn't find it for some reason but thanks for finding my question and answering how it works, I appreciate it very much because this might solve a small vibration problem I hope.

Thank you again, very much,

Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by bostock1957
Hey Alan,

Thanks for the info, I had heard a blib about it somewhere but the search might not have been made right or worked right when I did it and couldn't find it for some reason but thanks for finding my question and answering how it works, I appreciate it very much because this might solve a small vibration problem I hope.

Thank you again, very much,
Almost everybody that buys one these stabilizers has nothing but high praise. For me, I have experienced a rear wheel wobble when I push it a bit in corners. The feeling is unnerving and leaves no confidence in the handling. When I read the technical info available about how the swingarm is attached to the back of the engine and not the frame it all makes sense to me that this is where I need to start. Anyway, I don't think you will be able to beat this deal.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Have 6 orders now, need 4 more. Any more Dyna buyers out there? Bo, are you going to buy..?.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
huntnaz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have never heard of True Track or what it does? To be honest I have never felt any wobble in the rear end of my Street Bob either and I can push it pretty hard in curves.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:34 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by huntnaz
I have never heard of True Track or what it does? To be honest I have never felt any wobble in the rear end of my Street Bob either and I can push it pretty hard in curves.
I wll try to give you a short overview, but I am not the expert on this. If you want a lot more info, just put True Track in the Search window at the top right of any HDForum page and have fun.

OK, speaking for the Dyna only(although I think the following is true for some of the other models) the engine is mounted in the frame in 3 places: top, fwd, and rear. The top has a stabilizer link but the other 2 do not. Now this would not necessarily be a problem but our swing arm is attached to the rear of the engine and not the frame so if the engine "sways" a little, like for me, in a hard turn - the rear wheel will move with it putting it out of alignment with the front wheel, thus a wobble can develop.

Now True Track and Sputhe and I think a few others, have a product that installs a stabilizer link to the front and rear engine mounts to keep the engine from "swaying" thus eliminating the wobbles and supposedly improving overall handling in about every regime.

Now, apparently not everybody experiences these wobbles, and I really do not have an explanation for that, but if you are happy with the way your bike handles then I would pass on this mod. I am not happy and a bit frightened at the way my bike handles and this mod makes more sense to me than anything else.

Hope this helps a little and I am sorry to any experts out there if I left something out - please feel free to jump in!

Last edited by HD Pilot; 01-22-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-22-2013, 02:40 PM
shad0wTM
1st Gear

Wish I was in the position to buy in. I just finished a bunch of powder coat. Let me know how you guy's like it once you get it set up and running.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
JUST WAITING
Intermediate

I though this was all in my mind. Explains everything now. God just another problem waiting to bite my ***. I too have felt a small wobble going around some corner's.Always heard it was just a wide- glide model problem.I don't ride aggressivly. Does this affect all Dyna model's and all years? I figured this was a bagger problem only. Should I be overly concerned about this?

Quick Reply: Question about a group buy?