Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat front tire Street Bob or Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Alleyn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If someone wanted another opinion... I'd have to say I'm not keen on the looks of the dual headlight either. But they get noticed easier in traffic, especially after dark.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 AM
therealjohnny5
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zion
I don't care which bike you go with.... Just as long as you keep looking through the turn...

(Ring any bells?)

Stumbled on your thread .....3 months in and already thinking of making the jump??? Next thing you know you'll be doing "the box" and scraping floorboards in an advanced riding class....
I'm undecided...But I love my 48 like no other. But hell I'm already scraping pegs on turns, I'd love to go for advanced! Any word on the Sport bike class being offered?

Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
therealjohnny5
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Muddyape
I have a 150/16 front on my Street Bob, I did it with a WG hub on WG trees with standard Street Bob tubes (complete front end for sale btw) and I LOVE it, looks like a tank and rides like a dream. This is what the 48 looks like when it grows up. JK. That's a 4 1/2" headlight in the pic. Love it so much in fact that I'm currently swapping over to a Switchback frontend and keeping the rim/tire combo.
Hey brother could you PM me a parts list? And is it a stock SB front end that you're selling or the modded one? And last question, why are you switching to a Switchback front end? Thanks!

Old 12-31-2012, 12:42 PM
balingwire
Advanced

Originally Posted by therealjohnny5
Hey brother could you PM me a parts list? And is it a stock SB front end that you're selling or the modded one? And last question, why are you switching to a Switchback front end? Thanks!
+1 on a parts list request, Muddyape. I have been looking for this look for years - best looking dyna that I've ever seen. Great job!

Last edited by balingwire; 12-31-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:16 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wideglide trees and a crossbones tire and rim on mine.. see sig pic

Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
zion
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm undecided...But I love my 48 like no other. But hell I'm already scraping pegs on turns, I'd love to go for advanced! Any word on the Sport bike class being offered?
I said "floorboards", because you're on the road to a bagger..... you just don't know it yet.

No news on the sportbike class yet, but they're offering a couple advanced classes (BRC2, used to be ARC) this year. If I hear otherwise, I'll let you know.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:38 PM
therealjohnny5
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SuperFastGlide
wideglide trees and a crossbones tire and rim on mine.. see sig pic
How's the rake of the WG trees handle for you?

Old 12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
therealjohnny5
Cruiser

Originally Posted by zion
I said "floorboards", because you're on the road to a bagger..... you just don't know it yet.

No news on the sportbike class yet, but they're offering a couple advanced classes (BRC2, used to be ARC) this year. If I hear otherwise, I'll let you know.
The only bagger I'm looking at is a police bike! lol

Old 12-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Muddyape
Road Master

As far as the parts list it's just the WG trees but if you wanted to stay with same rake as Street Bob you could use Fat Bob tress to widen up front end (either one is 1 1/2" wider than Street Bob mid glide) I dont know if WG tree's are still available. For some reason I thought they changed them up a couple of years ago...dont remember. Might have been when they discontinued WG for a year or so. I used the stock Street Bob caliper side spacer and cut one for the non caliper side so I wouldnt have to shim the caliper to get it to line up with the rotor and adjusted the rims' offset accordingly.

Im selling the modded front end.

Im switching to the SwitchBack front end because I have an incredible like of FL style front ends and its completely bolt on.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

I was under the impression that the Wide Glide rake was set by the way the neck tube is forged on the frame, not in the trees?

Last edited by ebeattie; 12-31-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Fat front tire Street Bob or Fat Bob