Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes for 2012 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Misplaced Texan
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipes for 2012 Street Bob

Ok everyone, this is my very first post on this website. I just purchased a 2012 Street Bob and loving it so far. With that being said, I do want a new exhaust but not looking for just noise although I do want some bad a$$ sound!

So my question is, does anyone have a good recommendation for both performance and sound? I have been told that the Vance and Hines short shots that I see on you tube are not so great for performance although they they do look and sound great.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Misplaced Texan; 12-26-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:06 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thunderheader

Old 12-26-2012, 07:07 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Misplaced Texan
Ok dudes this is my very first post on this website. Just bought a 2012 Street Bob and am loving it so far. I do however want new a new exhaust but not looking for just noise.... Although I do want some bad a$$ sound, OBVIOUSLY!

So my question is, does anyone have a good recommendation for both performance and sound? I have been told that the Vance and Hines short shots that I see on you tube are not so great for performance although they they do look and sound great.

Thanks for any input.
There are a lot of choices and even more opinions. I think you'll need to decide on the look you are going for to narrow down choices.

Basically, 2-1 pipes perform better than duals. Duals have the more traditional sound.

The V&H short shots look great, have a decent price, and are loud. Optional quiet baffles help, but they are still on the loud side.

Thunder headers are a very popular choice. I love my V&H Pro Pipe. It fits the look I'm going for and is tame at low RPM and loud at higher revs.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Alleyn
Tourer

I just put Short Shots on my StreetBob, along with the optional "quiet" baffles ... Throttle response and back pressure don't seem to differ much from the Rush slip-ons I took off. A little more racket, when I close the throttle, but that's all.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Misplaced Texan
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Alleyn
I just put Short Shots on my StreetBob, along with the optional "quiet" baffles ... Throttle response and back pressure don't seem to differ much from the Rush slip-ons I took off. A little more racket, when I close the throttle, but that's all.
Well if there are no performance issues (reduction in HP) with the short shorts compared to stock than I will probably go worth that.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thunderheader. put one on my 2012 bob and never turning back. well, the only way id turn back is if i decide to go with an RBracing pipe. but i dont plan on it.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Misplaced Texan
Well if there are no performance issues (reduction in HP) with the short shorts compared to stock than I will probably go worth that.
Compared to stock, the SS will give you more power. You'll also want to upgrade your intake so she can breath better. Pipes and intake should really be considered a package deal. The good news is that the money you save by getting the SS will cover a good intake. Check out DK Customs for some really cool intakes at a very good price.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought you wanted performance and sound? Now your settling on short shots because they aren't any worse then stock?

You need to decide on looks or performance.

Any 2-1 will out perform any 2-2...your choice
And to my ears...any 2-1 will have a deeper, throatier growl.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Alleyn
Tourer

Hey Texan, I sent you a message to your profile page....

Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey Misplaced Texan, take your time for sure, picking your exhaust is probably the most important mod you will make. I wanted a V&H Pro Pipe, then a Reinhart then a Sampson the finally a Bassani - just do a lot of thinking and reading exhaust threads, good luck from another Texan, but not misplaced!

Quick Reply: Pipes for 2012 Street Bob