Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes for 2012 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Misplaced Texan
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LOSER
Kevin is this something you guys sell?
I like your the seat on your bike. Where did you get it??

Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Misplaced Texan
I like your the seat on your bike. Where did you get it??
The seat came from Redtail Leather. It's a 10" wide plain one.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Misplaced Texan
6th Gear

Does it just fit right on or are there mods involved? If so, can I purchase from redtailleather.com? Thanks I am learning a ton in a very short time but feel like a true newbe right about know.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Misplaced Texan
6th Gear

OK... so I went to the HD closest to me (I am in GA) and was going to purchase the V&H short shots as they had them in stock (I realize I could probably find there less expensive somewhere else). Anyway, there was a disagreement between the parts and service department as to what needed to be ordered/done and what was warranted by HD.

There was so much confusion I decided to not purchase the exhuast today.

this is what I was told:
1. V&H SS's $400 and some change.
2. I needed to purchase an power comander $350 ball park
3. $275 for the mapping to be done.
4. $125 for the air intake system
5. $275 for labor.

Damn, I did not realize this much was involved and even worse, as mentioned, there was a disagreement to if it warranted or not. Any thoughts???

Thanks,

Last edited by Misplaced Texan; 12-28-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:43 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does it just fit right on or are there mods involved? If so, can I purchase from redtailleather.com? Thanks I am learning a ton in a very short time but feel like a true newbe right about know.
No, I had to make a mount for it. Try this link: Just scroll down.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-build-12.html

Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You guys are gonna cost me some more money!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK... so I went to the HD closest to me (I am in GA) and was going to purchase the V&H short shots as they had them in stock (I realize I could probably find there less expensive somewhere else). Anyway, there was a disagreement between the parts and service department as to what needed to be ordered/done and what was warranted by HD.

this is what I was told:
5. $275 for labor.

Damn, I did not realize this much was involved and even worse, as mentioned, there was a disagreement to if it warranted or not. Any thoughts???

Thanks,
I am glad you walked away!! They were jamming it to you!! Buy the pipes on line,VERY EASY TO INSTALL, Call FUEL MOTO FOR A PCV, and get a aftermarket Stage 1 Intake. DO NOT GO BACK TO THAT DEALER IF THATS WHAT THEY WERE "OFFERING".......

Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Alleyn
Tourer

I gotta say, putting on the pipes is easy... I took my time, but it was still no more than a few hours. As to whether or not it's too lean now, I'll know next week, when I inspect the plugs.
It's not a tough job, but then, I don't have to worry about voiding my warranty.
I would go to an independent shop for an estimate, and ask if they can certify that whatever mods they do, will leave the air/fuel mixtures within spec.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:25 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

this is what I was told:
5. $275 for labor.

Thanks,
Overall, the quote want that far off. The price of the pipes is typical for a dealer, but you can get them cheaper.
I disagree with the mapping fee. At most, it's a download and minor adjustment. No more than an hour with a few test rides (unless this is a dyno charge, then it's actually not bad.)
The Power Commander is not the only choice. You should research this and buy the fuel controller that makes you comfortable.
Labor is labor. They are running a business, but like many have said, it isn't all that hard.

The biggest issue is the warranty in my opinion. The official HD line is that they won't warrant defects caused by aftermarket products or improper installation of any product not done by an authorized dealer.

In other words, if your wheel bearings fail prematurely, the stage one kit won't create problems for you. If you have engine problems, they might try to blame it on this process. So, if the dealer won't stand behind the process as a proper installation, I wouldn't pay the extra money for the dealer work.

Keep in mind that doing it yourself will carry the same warranty risks (but at least cheaper.)

Being you are in a high population area, I would call other dealers, explain the situation and see if you can find "your" dealer. There is one out there that wants your business and you will be seeking them at some point anyway.

Worst case, come to Savannah. Savannah HD has been really good about stuff like this (and I can buy you a beer!)

Old 12-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Whatshisname
Stage II

Well after reading this all I can say is not all 2-1 exhaust are created equally. The V&H 'Outlaw' 2-1 exhaust causes low end torque issues on a 48. With that said - thanks for the heads-up on the Thunder Torque Inserts.