Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Exhaust owners?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

I was personal interested in the Bassani 2-1 road rage 2. It is shorter than the standard Road Rage so it should not scrape. I understand that Bassani do ride higher than Vance Hines Pros. And Vance dont make a shorter version of their 2-1. Im not trying to knock Vance cause that is all I have ever used. I have the VH straight shots on my FXDWG now. So far Im betting on the Bassani R Rage 2 for my next pipes.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a pair of Bassani slip ons on my Sporty and they fit with no issues and appear to be of good quality. They sound good too and are louder than I expected which can be good or bad.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 PM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I HAD a set of Pro Streets on my 06 Dyna lasted less then 2 years. They almost never stayed tight no matter what we tried. The first bend on the rear pipe blew out going down the road and I had to ride home basically side saddle. Customer service said it was because I had wrapped them. Of course when I bought them there were no heat shields on the market.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 PM
firedyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the short upsweep. Love it. Came from 2 bikes prior both with thunderheaders. Love the sound good performance and awesome customer service!

Attached Thumbnails Bassani Exhaust owners?-image.jpg  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Hot
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure this helps for your bike but I have the Bassani 2-1 road rage on my V-Rod and like them a lot. No problems yet; love the sound.

Thanks,
Rod

Old 12-09-2012, 10:54 PM
jamminjimmi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've scraped my RR B1, but it's usually because I ride with the rear aired down. The heatshields kinda suck as far as fitment go, but once you get them all together the look and sound great. I have the black version and after 2 months I began to see a little flaking and corrosion on my slipon at the tip joint. Bassani sent me a new can, within 10 days. I added a Performance Machine tip on mine that was supposed to fit but didn't. I had to have a local machine shop cut it down a hair, but the larger diameter tip with the packing removed on a built FM 107" will get your attention!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I tried the road rage standard for big bore bikes. They dragged really bad at the first curve toward the peg. I changed shocks-went to standard length but they still dragged bad. Had to take them off. Put the V&H big radius back on. I liked the sound, wasn't too loud and had a good tone to em.
The big radius dynoed better than 8.2 hp and .57 less tq. than the road rage did.
But the bike has 125.4 tq. so not much loss. I could feel the 8.2hp loss with the road rage though.
I love the looks of the road rage
Oh well.

dd

Old 12-10-2012, 07:24 AM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

Hi Dirtdobber, thanks for your input. My experience is any long pipe has a tendency to scrape. Thats why I stay with a medium or shorter length pipes.

Last edited by aces&8s; 12-10-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by firedyna
I have the short upsweep. Love it. Came from 2 bikes prior both with thunderheaders. Love the sound good performance and awesome customer service!
This pipe was not available when I got mine, or this would have been what I got. I can see from the pic that you have a ton of clearance at your front downtube, that is my main issue.

This pipe only has fitment up to 2005, correct?

Old 12-10-2012, 11:07 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

I opened up my box from Bassani last night. Everything looks great, I ordered the Road Rage 1D5250 customized with the quiet baffle and black fluted end piece. The one thing that did not go right was that I was given the 18mm O2 plugs instead of the 18mm to 12mm adapters needed for my Fat Bob. I was told by Bassani that I would get the adapters but I got the plugs instead; not a big deal, ordered the adapters today - only about $10.

Quick Reply: Bassani Exhaust owners?