Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?

Feedback needed----
So I was reading a thread the other day about an aftermarket retro T-Sport fairing and someone pointed out how rough it was on the inside, and it made me think of my brother's new process for making fiberglass parts that leaves both sides smooth, and it got me to thinking. Our new retro FXDXT saddlebags have been going so well, that I wondered how many of you would be interested in a quality retro faring that is smooth on both sides. Please let me know what you think. If there is enough interest, my brother said he would develop the molds.

Thanks
Garry

Old 12-03-2012, 12:16 PM
SPANKED MONKEY
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a definite market for those fairings here in the SF Bay Area. But your gonna have to make mount kits for the standard 39mm front end and the newer front ends also because the original FXDXT trees are different then any other trees they have the fairing mounts cast into them.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Vonswanko
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

I think the Harley Quarter fairing would be a better market. Or a Ness style with a taller screen.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:51 PM
QC-RAIDERS-91
Road Captain

make a quarter fairing

Old 12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd be interested if it was made to accept a cee bailys undrilled shield or so that we have the option for taller shields and the mounting hardware is included.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Make an original design. Like a hybrid of the best features/design of each fairing. Maybe with a built in headlight,turn signals and different wind shield options..

Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
firedyna
Cruiser

In CA there is definitely a market. On Craigslist the t sport fairings are going for $1000 to $ 1500. Then you have to find a way to mount it and relocate the headlight.

+1 on having the cee baileys windshield fit it.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

depends on price to me and windshield options . i wish someone would make linear lip windshield for ness fairings

Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 PM
01FXDX
Advanced

You should try and find a way for an adjustable windshield if you make them. I might be interested.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Fxdxt-I
Cruiser

I have a retro T-sport fairing some of the cons are: The windshield are not good thin and flimpsy, the brakets are attached to the fairing by wood screws (makes me not want to ever unscrew, might be loose if I reattach idk) the inside is rough. So I think if you guys did something improvements I would like: Better windshield or just leave the windshield to windshield guys like cee baileys or rifle they both make OEM replacments. Mold in brass inserts like the OEM so brakets could attach better (no fear of stripping the current hole). Make a kit to relocate headlight for certain models (I had to figure my out and that took a few tries till I was happy with the apperance)Lastly if there is a way adjustable windsheild. As a side note my price cap would be 650 with quality windshield and mounting hardware or 500 with hardware and I get windshield on my own. Any more than that and I will just continue to try to piece together an original.

Quick Reply: Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?