Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Fxdxt-I
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to simple. Simple is the retro t sport fairing I have. Fiber glass mold with holes drilled. I think we need more than that, if not then why do it we already have a "simple" version on the market.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:50 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow guys, thanks for all the great responses! I especially liked Fxdxt-I's post where he told what he liked, and what he didn't like. This is a great chance for all of us Dyna riders to develop something that really fits our needs.

When I bought my FXDXT, it had been laid down and the fairing itself was not included as the owner said it was broke into many pieces, but I did get all the mounting hardware. He had replaced the fairing with a Memphis Shades shield that really doesn't go with the bike, and I get a lot of buffeting over 60 mph. I am really going to work with my brother on this. He has the fiberglass expertise and my strong suite is in the metal bracket development. I will have to check with my patent attorney about using Harley's mounting system, we might not be able to due to the patent laws. What do you guys think about the mounting system? Should it be quick detach, or hard mount? Again, thanks for the input!

Keep ridin'
Garry

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Fxdxt-I
Cruiser

I prefer quick detach only if lockable.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:33 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd pick one up. I would prefer it be hard mount. I don't have a need to remove it on the fly and I think that most guys with tall bars like the looks of the fairing and wouldn't be taking I on and off.

On a side note, I think there would be a market for the bigger FXRP fairing also. I'd be willing to shell out $1200-1500 for one that mounted right up and I didn't have to figure out a way to cobble together brackets to make it fit.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 AM
619bob
Cruiser

I too would prefer quick release, preferrably the HD clamps.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fxdxt-I
I prefer quick detach only if lockable.
I think Harley offers them in both standard and lockable.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM
rod18cdz
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be interested in a hard mounted one. However I have a 2003 FXDWG and I'm unsure of fitment. I've never seen one of these on a WG. Could it fit a 41mm frontend?I need some wind protection since I ride a lot and I don't like the looks of windshields.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:38 AM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
I'd pick one up. I would prefer it be hard mount. I don't have a need to remove it on the fly and I think that most guys with tall bars like the looks of the fairing and wouldn't be taking I on and off.

On a side note, I think there would be a market for the bigger FXRP fairing also. I'd be willing to shell out $1200-1500 for one that mounted right up and I didn't have to figure out a way to cobble together brackets to make it fit.
I defiantly would shell out money on an FXRP fairing that fits the street bob. This street bob is badass, FXRP fairing. Has a headunit and speakers in it too.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 619bob
I too would prefer quick release, preferrably the HD clamps.
+1 because Harley has them available for most size forks locking and non locking

Old 12-04-2012, 12:45 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i would gladly pay 1000 bucks for a fxrp fairing designed to bolt to a dyna that would be the best of everything and no one makes one

Originally Posted by ReaperOne
I defiantly would shell out money on an FXRP fairing that fits the street bob. This street bob is badass, FXRP fairing. Has a headunit and speakers in it too.

Quick Reply: Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?