Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I know!!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

If the fairing had a bracket or tab on the inside for the headlight, that would solve the problem of different light brackets, just bolt the light right into the hole for the fairing itself.

I think price point will be difficult, the Ness fairing sells for under $300 with all hardware included, I think that's why it's so appealing. The new T-sport knock offs are around $500 with no hardware so you end up spending $600 on something you have to ghetto-rig anyway. If you could just somehow expand upon the Ness design with taller coverage (weather it be the fairing or windshield itself) you'd be on the nose. If the windshield is tall enough you don't have to play with the up and down adjustment anyway.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 PM
jordanball33
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bung king makes the original brackets, and also an adaptor for the 49mm front ends. brackets are only like 50 bucks.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 PM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I always thought if I could just get a taller screen for the Ness it'd be great... Lately I been thinkin about lifting it, if I could have the light mounted to the fairing it'd sure make it easier! (lost mine in an accident so it, along with the bags, are on my list of eventual mods / purchases)
As for the T-Sport re-pop, I think there's a market for it. Just like for the bags.... We're only scratching the surface of the potential market on this forum.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by emerican19
If the fairing had a bracket or tab on the inside for the headlight, that would solve the problem of different light brackets, just bolt the light right into the hole for the fairing itself.

I think price point will be difficult, the Ness fairing sells for under $300 with all hardware included, I think that's why it's so appealing. The new T-sport knock offs are around $500 with no hardware so you end up spending $600 on something you have to ghetto-rig anyway. If you could just somehow expand upon the Ness design with taller coverage (weather it be the fairing or windshield itself) you'd be on the nose. If the windshield is tall enough you don't have to play with the up and down adjustment anyway.
You may be onto something with incorporating the headlight mount into the fairing. I would pay good $ for a complete bolt on T Sport fairing that didnt look cobbled together. Quality costs.....

Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

U guys are getting out of hand. Keep it simple....fairing with multiple height shields with mounting hardware. I think it should be up to the individual to decide how they want their headlight setup..

Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 07bobber
U guys are getting out of hand. Keep it simple....fairing with multiple height shields with mounting hardware. I think it should be up to the individual to decide how they want their headlight setup..
Its all part of developing a product.....To me simple is buy one kit, and bolt on. Not spend a bunch of cash and end up with a bunch of cobbled together parts. If they are designed to work together than they work every time.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Bung King does make a T sport fairing bracket but realistically I think that if you make a retro fairing, make it mount up to the HD Clamps, different heights on the windshield. You are going to do some serious business with these.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 AM
apbtlvr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:38 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Exactly! KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Quick Reply: Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?