Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Fxdxt-I
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing option for the chrome ring around headlight would be nice.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

U can piece together an original for about 600 (not including discontinued parts)

A new rifle roadster is about $360

If u can hammer out a good fairing for about the same price as the rifle I'd be in for sure...

Old 12-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

If you made them you could definitely sell a ton in CA, but like said need 49mm and 39mm mounts, maybe just make it so it fits the HD Quick release so that way people don't have to think to much on how to get it on. Also a plus would be adjustable windshield that fits a cee baileys. It would have to be right price I would say under 500 and you will get tons of bites. Even a bit more as long as the wait time isn't that of other aftermarket fairing company's.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Forgot to tell you though I would be in for sure!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:28 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
Feedback needed----
So I was reading a thread the other day about an aftermarket retro T-Sport fairing and someone pointed out how rough it was on the inside, and it made me think of my brother's new process for making fiberglass parts that leaves both sides smooth, and it got me to thinking. Our new retro FXDXT saddlebags have been going so well, that I wondered how many of you would be interested in a quality retro faring that is smooth on both sides. Please let me know what you think. If there is enough interest, my brother said he would develop the molds.

Thanks
Garry
Garry.......You know I am in on this. Heres the list of my wants

1. Smooth finished insides with flawless bodywork on outside.

2. Use brass threaded inserts throughout for mounting the windshield and mounting brackets. For the wind shield inserts you may want to look at wind shield inserts from a 2000 Suzuki GSXR 750 or a 2002 GSXR 1000. They are little rubber grommets that push in a hole ( through both the wind shield and the fairing I believe) and have a brass insert inside. When the bolt is tightened it bellows the rubber grommet into a tight fit and allows a flush mounted wind shield. I cant remember if they push through BOTH the wind shield AND the fairing or just the fairing but I am confident that this is the right way to mount the wind shield to the fairing. I can confirm this if you need me to.

3. Thick dark smoked windshield option with 3 different heights available, although I dont see the point of the shorty shield for this fairing as its seems kinda useless.( but someone will want one)

4.Make the fairing mounting brackets work with the readily available Harley Davidson quick detatch fork clamps like the HD Quarter Fairing uses, Or ( my preference) a readily available Lightweight aluminum option like these which I believe are from Drag Specialties (because weight matters to me)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110950876227...84.m1438.l2649

5. Please,please, please make us FXDX eyebrow headlight mounted guys an ALL NEW laser cut headlight bracket that REPLACES the eyebrow headlight mount AND relocates the headlight into proper position. ( because I cant stand the Ness relocation bracket)

Just an added marketing opportunity here....If you make a new laser cut headlight bracket mount that REPLACES the cast eyebrow headlight mount and relocates the FXDX headlight into the Arlen Ness Narrow cafe fairing I would be willing to bet you would sell a boatload of them.

Last edited by parts eeter; 12-03-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:50 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm in! I think REALLY all anyone needs to do it produce a taller windshield for the Ness fairing!

But yes as others have said, mounting hardware is a MUST. Finding a way to mount the headlight TO THE FAIRING would be great. That's what everyone hates about these damn things is the crapshoot to mount them with random nuts, bolts, adapters, all thread, zip ties bungs, etc etc.

A tall enough windshield, or different windshield options is great. You could even produce just the fairing and just have a way for the Cee Bailey's shields to line up correctly.

Simply put: hardware, light mount, taller shield at a good price point and everyone will be in.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's a good idea

Also extended windscreen for a HD quarter fairing.

I'd love to have a taller windscreen for trips/rain

Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
I'm in! I think REALLY all anyone needs to do it produce a taller windshield for the Ness fairing!

But yes as others have said, mounting hardware is a MUST. Finding a way to mount the headlight TO THE FAIRING would be great. That's what everyone hates about these damn things is the crapshoot to mount them with random nuts, bolts, adapters, all thread, zip ties bungs, etc etc.

A tall enough windshield, or different windshield options is great. You could even produce just the fairing and just have a way for the Cee Bailey's shields to line up correctly.

Simply put: hardware, light mount, taller shield at a good price point and everyone will be in.
+2, good mounting hardware. Windshield option and a good price. Im interested. Ive been looking to ditch my ness for a T sport for awhile now

Old 12-03-2012, 08:11 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

put some wind science behind it and look for buffeting. lol

tips from my purchase. finish all sides and edges. have lots of adjust-ability, headlight relocation blocks for different heights. good price point

Old 12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Just an added marketing opportunity here....If you make a new laser cut headlight bracket mount that REPLACES the cast eyebrow headlight mount and relocates the FXDX headlight into the Arlen Ness Narrow cafe fairing I would be willing to bet you would sell a boatload of them.
Yes, please!

Quick Reply: Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?