Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dudshep31
The FXDX lights are mounted on the top tree with a different bracket I believe, instead of the bottom tree, like the t-sport.
Yes, they are mounted with two screws through a headlight visor into the top tree, like a sporty

Old 11-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are some super old pics of my bike to explain:

Old 11-01-2013, 12:57 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

garry, the stock tsport fairing brackets will only work with fxdxt trees, good Apollo is asking if you will make a mount for the 39mm fxdx, fxd etc front ends, which will require a new mounting system to bolt onto the top tree in his pics...

bung king already makes a mounting system for the 49mm trees using the stock fairing brackets.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:21 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bobber
garry, the stock tsport fairing brackets will only work with fxdxt trees, good Apollo is asking if you will make a mount for the 39mm fxdx, fxd etc front ends, which will require a new mounting system to bolt onto the top tree in his pics...

bung king already makes a mounting system for the 49mm trees using the stock fairing brackets.
Thanks for the info Chris, I didn't know about the bung king bracket. But after looking at it, it requires that you already have the stock T-sport bracket to make it work. I am approaching this a little different. Our mounts will come two ways, for the different forks and will not require the T-sport triple trees. It is it's own mounting system that doesn't use any of the original parts. It actually clamps onto the fork tubes. Then all we need to do is make headlight relo brackets for the different models, that's where I'm going to need some help.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Old 11-01-2013, 04:40 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
Thanks for the info Chris, I didn't know about the bung king bracket. But after looking at it, it requires that you already have the stock T-sport bracket to make it work. I am approaching this a little different. Our mounts will come two ways, for the different forks and will not require the T-sport triple trees. It is it's own mounting system that doesn't use any of the original parts. It actually clamps onto the fork tubes. Then all we need to do is make headlight relo brackets for the different models, that's where I'm going to need some help.

Keep ridin'
Garry
A one piece headlight relocation for the "eyebrow" top mounted headlights that are common on the 39mm narrow glides would be super clean. Instead of the normal spacers, and extra bracket that other companies offer.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:53 AM
saschagast
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
As Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry) once said "A mans gotta know his own limitations". Making the bezel removable would mean it would have to be injection molded (something I have zero experience in) instead of vacuum molded and the molds would be too expensive to justify.

Rode the bike to work in the rain today (I haven't ridden it in over a month due to a bald rear tire that I haven't had time to fix). Now that I have all the stock parts for the fairing, I can start the mock up.

I will keep you guys updated.

Garry
Fair enough. I know nothing about how it's done

I guess what i mean is that the conleys looks way too smooth, you can tell it's a one piece mold, it's a smooth curve to the "bezel" part. What if its not in insert but just mounts ontop. The stock one is tricky, i can imagine it's hard to replicate, but something that allows you to have that separation visually from bezel and fairing?

Old 11-08-2013, 12:48 AM
n0code
Tourer

Subscribing to this thead. Can't wait to see the outcome.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:40 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by n0code
Subscribing to this thead. Can't wait to see the outcome.
Same here!!!

Old 11-26-2013, 04:52 PM
805country1488
Intermediate

conelys is junk.. everything i have bought i had to return and they claim to be an USA product..half there stuff is made in mexico

Old 12-02-2013, 09:27 AM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

More and more DX-T repops coming to market... I'm wondering if you've got any updates for us Garry?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Leather Pros T-Sport fairing?