Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any extensions/fwd controls available for the Switchback?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012 | 10:54 PM
phatjoe
|
Intermediate
Default Any extensions/fwd controls available for the Switchback?

Hello,

I'm 6'2", and I'm expecting the riding position on the Switchback to be a bit cramped for me. Are extensions/forward controls available for the Switchback? If not, is there a workable solution to move the controls forward for a little more room?
I've seen a few post, which are a bit dated, that did not have a solution to this...

I'm aware of the tallboy seat, but hoping there are actual extensions/fwd controls available as well.

THANKS!!

Last edited by phatjoe; 11-28-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-29-2012 | 05:34 AM
AFMM3
Road Warrior

I would suggest leaving the foot boards alone and and installing an engine guard with foot pegs mounted to it. I position mine so that my heals are on the foot boards and the front of my foot are on the pegs. I do this on my Electra-Glide also. I am 6'3" and love this setup.

Old 11-29-2012 | 05:56 AM
RadioBob
Road Captain

Hawg halters. Pricey but an option

Old 11-29-2012 | 06:36 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by phatjoe
Hello,

I'm 6'2", and I'm expecting the riding position on the Switchback to be a bit cramped for me. Are extensions/forward controls available for the Switchback? If not, is there a workable solution to move the controls forward for a little more room?
I've seen a few post, which are a bit dated, that did not have a solution to this...

I'm aware of the tallboy seat, but hoping there are actual extensions/fwd controls available as well.

THANKS!!
Barring adding a crashbar, about the only thing I've found are these:
http://roadrails.readingdesigns.com/

Very pricey but they are awesome. I visited the designer personally and it is one fantastic invention. In the $1500-2k range.
If you find something else, I'd be very interested too. Been looking for something for over a year.
Half of my boot sticks out the front. This is a friend's bike and he has the crashbar...maybe that's the only way to go as afmm3 said:

Last edited by FBinSoCal; 11-29-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-29-2012 | 08:04 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Default fld board extensions

Several threads goin about boards lately. ANYone have a way of making the switchback board extensions?

I'm looking for something like these:

Old 11-30-2012 | 01:59 AM
beagle01
Cruiser

A set of forwards off any FXDWG or Fatbob should fit straight on. Then it's a matter of getting an extension plate kit for those which includes a longer brake and gear shift linkage.
The actual mounting part of the floorboard should be the same on all models, only the bracket to the frame will be different. If you can get a kit that moves the board forward or out from another model it may be interchangeable. Its just a matter of looking around.