Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Cycle Shack Slip Ons/Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Installed Cycle Shack Slip Ons/Review

I bought a new pair of Cycle Shack 2 1/2" slip ons for my Wide Glide and installed them today. The quality of the chrome looks good and the first thing I noticed was how much lighter they are than the the stock HD pipes. The Cycle Shacks only weigh about 7-8 pounds versus about 16 pounds for the stock HD slip ons. So, right away I'm reducing weight on the bike which is a good thing. My stock pipes came off with no struggle. I sprayed some WD-40 before removal and hadn't ridden the bike all day so the pipes were cold.

The install was simple enough although it took more time than I expected because of the extra brackets and bolts that came with the Cycle Shacks versus the two stock bolts which secure the HD slip ons. Seems to me the design could have been simpler, but for $150 I'm not going to complain. I used Loctite where indicated and everything fit together nicely. The total time for the removal and install was about an hour.

I anxiously started up the bike and was very pleased with the deep growl and rumble of the Cycle Shacks. Now my Wide Glide sounds like a Harley instead of a sewing machine. If anyone is looking for an inexpensive way to make their stock bike sound much better I highly recommend the Cycle Shack slip ons. At $150 they are a Made in the USA bargain.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Norb
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them on my Fat Bob and I like em' The stock pipes were way too quiet. How do you like your new bike so far?

Old 11-16-2012, 10:40 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

31,000 miles on my 2010 Fat Bob with the Cycle Shack slip ons and no complaints.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:20 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

Yes i got them and they are great value, I also have xieds which has made the bike a lot smoother in the lower gears, on the freeway don't know if any change

Might make a chicken wire baffle to see if it deepens the rumble, get a bit of popping but bearable, a very open pipe

Would like to get a SE Heavy Breather with this set up but don't want it to end up having to get tuned or powervision, see what happens
Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 11-17-2012, 03:45 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,206 Likes on 2,444 Posts

I have run cycle shacks on several bikes. Good solid slip-ons with a good sound.

Mirrmu-The W158 Thunder Torques will give a bit deeper sound and reduce/eliminate the popping.

Also, you should be able to go to a free flowing air cleaner and be ok with your XiED's.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 11-17-2012, 05:17 AM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

got em on my fat bob too. came on it when i bought it. didnt really know how good they sounded until a guy rolled up next to me on a 2012 fat bob. i couldn't believe how lousy it sounded. kinda shocked me so im really likin these slip ons. i think they r 3 inch and are a different cut than stock.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:54 AM
peter deering
Cruiser

Yeah i installed cycle shack baffles into my screamin eagle slip ons, wow what a sound totally impressed.Also installed xied and the combination makes for a good sound, will be installing a breather this winter. For the price you cant go wrong.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:59 AM
arkstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had Cycle Shacks on my bike till about 19,000 miles and liked the sound. They are now on a friends bike that is a little down on money but wanted a better sound. After I gave them to him and he installed them he could not wait to show me. The only thing is it was 11:30 at night and not sure how much my nabors liked them!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:16 PM
tech spec
6th Gear

Have the turnout slip ons on my 2006 streetbob They sound great and look awesome

Old 11-17-2012, 03:57 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Norb
I have them on my Fat Bob and I like em' The stock pipes were way too quiet. How do you like your new bike so far?
I really like it. I've only had it a couple of weeks and just rolled over 500 miles. It fits me really well and is a blast to ride. My biggest concern is going to be comfort on long highway rides. Even with the detachable windshield the wind buffeting it pretty severe compared to my old Road King. Looking into getting some wind deflectors/lowers to minimize the buffeting on the highway.