Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timetable for teardown has moved up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dpk20x
Hey did you use the pulley locking tool or were you able to break that loose with somebody holding the rear brake?
I didn't have the pulley locking tool, i had my pops hold the rear brake

Old 11-18-2012, 02:18 PM
dpk20x
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toastman
I didn't have the pulley locking tool, i had my pops hold the rear brake
Oh cool. I thought you could do that if you didn't have the tool but I wasn't sure. Hoping to do a 30T as well this winter.

Good luck with the rest of your mods sure it will look sick when its all back together.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:36 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by dpk20x
Oh cool. I thought you could do that if you didn't have the tool but I wasn't sure. Hoping to do a 30T as well this winter.

Good luck with the rest of your mods sure it will look sick when its all back together.
It might have been easier with the pulley locked but we made out ok

Old 11-18-2012, 03:23 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your gonna love the pull that the 30 tooth gives it........I had mine on for a week and said, well sh*t if the 30 tooth does that to the pulling abilities for the bike, I wonder what the 70 tooth pulley will do? I found out real quick after putting the 70 tooth pulley on the rear wheel..........it becomes a monster, in the out of hole response (like a stump puller), and the pulling power in any gear is just awesome..

Good Luck Toast....Oh! Love the inlaid lift design...

ps: all I can say is; "hold on....to what you got" when you first test it out....

Last edited by SteveO-ll; 11-18-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:27 PM
fat bastard 68
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome! Subscribed,
I got the fatbob lowers and I really like the idea of internal cables and the ricor intiminators

Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll
Your gonna love the pull that the 30 tooth gives it........I had mine on for a week and said, well sh*t if the 30 tooth does that to the pulling abilities for the bike, I wonder what the 70 tooth pulley will do? I found out real quick after putting the 70 tooth pulley on the rear wheel..........it becomes a monster, in the out of hole response (like a stump puller), and the pulling power in any gear is just awesome..

Good Luck Toast....Oh! Love the inlaid lift design...

ps: all I can say is; "hold on....to what you got" when you first test it out....
thanks man, I'm stoked to let her rip when i get it all back together.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:25 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

thanksgiving updates!

i usually go for a ride on turkey day, but since my bike is in pieces (kicking myself, it's about 60* here) i decided to replace the annual ride with a wrenching session in the garage.

i've been taking my time all morning removing parts, cleaning everything i can get to while all the pieces are off the bike.

i'm in no rush at all, all my parts are out for powder, so its maintenance time and time to fix all the little **** that's been bugging me on the bike

first order of business, got the new pulley put on.

relocated my side mount to the lower shock bolt. i'm undecided on this one. it was never a perfect fit on my axle bolt since it's curved towards the front of the bike, it always interfered with the axle bolt, but where it is now, it sticks out a little further than i'd like.

here's a comparison

here's the trick little holders i use to keep the wiring tight to the swing arm. they cost like 5 bucks for 100 of them. i'll never run out!

that's where i'm at now. got the rear wheel all cleaned up, all spokes polished and all that. came inside to grab some lunch and i'm waiting on a second pair of hands to put the wheel back on.

happy thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 482 Likes on 231 Posts

nice! whats the stock tooth count? what are the pros/cons of gong to a 30t? thanks!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:43 PM
bobbleheadray
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good. what are those wire holders you are using?

Quick Reply: Timetable for teardown has moved up!