Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timetable for teardown has moved up!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 PM
apehanger65
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeiers
Why the hate on Black Denim? I know its seen alot on the forums but my paint is one of the first compliments I get about my bike when I pull up at work or other places that are not around Harley's very much.
first of all i DO NOT WANT TO HIJACK THIS THREAD!!!!! Second i said i HATE it on MY bike!!...i get compliments too on the Black Denim too. people love it. i like the way it looks , i dont like how easily it scratches and gets marked up also on MY bike . think it looks good i just want to change...i had changed to black cherry but was forced to go back to original tins due to an accident...im not hating anyones bikes both you and the other poster have great lookin bikes... besides what do you care what i think?? if YOU love your bike thats all that matters!! ok end subject back to seeing Progress on Toastmans bike!!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by apehanger65
first of all i DO NOT WANT TO HIJACK THIS THREAD!!!!! Second i said i HATE it on MY bike!!...i get compliments too on the Black Denim too. people love it. i like the way it looks , i dont like how easily it scratches and gets marked up also on MY bike . think it looks good i just want to change...i had changed to black cherry but was forced to go back to original tins due to an accident...im not hating anyones bikes both you and the other poster have great lookin bikes... besides what do you care what i think?? if YOU love your bike thats all that matters!! ok end subject back to seeing Progress on Toastmans bike!!
If you meant me as the other poster, my comments were not aimed at you. I understand what you meant by it being on your bike. I was just being a smarta$$ to Jmiers cause our bikes are the same color. That's all. No harm intended. And agreed. We're taking away Toastman's sunshine here!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

There was a thread about a month ago of a guy who sanded his denim down finishing it with 1200 then a buff and it came out a perfect gloss finish.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Robbie13
LOSER

Originally Posted by soft 02
There was a thread about a month ago of a guy who sanded his denim down finishing it with 1200 then a buff and it came out a perfect gloss finish.
I saw that. It was in the Sportster forum. That was unbelievable!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

yep that **** was pretty damn cool.

makes me wonder if the tank would have to be cleared after though?

Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Robbie13
LOSER

Hats off to him. I wouldn't have the nads to try it.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:50 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
yep that **** was pretty damn cool.

makes me wonder if the tank would have to be cleared after though?
No. The denim clear is thick.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

Sorry. I wasn't trying to be confrontational. I was just curious why you hated Black Denim paint. No worries bro!

And to un-hijack this thread....

Toastman - Did you finish up the install on the grip ace stuff? Also, I been working on my bike in the garage all day. I got it all torn down and fitted the Fat Bob trees on there. I was going to start another post with a pic. Figured you would want to see it since you are doing the same.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

I got the mirror mount in today so I'm working on the bars in the basement.

Gonna drill a hole for the brake light switch and extend and run the wires for the tun signals.

I'll post pics of the bars all finished.

Jmeiers that sounds awesome man that's this weekends project. I'll go check out your pics.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:31 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Ahhhhhh sooo hard to put a drill to my bars!

Quick Reply: Timetable for teardown has moved up!