Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Hollywood Bars

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Andrea hd
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, I have a '09 streetbob (the missing risers one), and I wanted to change the stock miniape with a lower bar because of a wrist problem. The choice is on the softail hollywood (like njohnson one), but I'm worried this bar on my bob could be too low and make my back to bend or arms too much straight with the consequence is my weight on wrists (consider I'm 5 feet 10 inches tall).

So iI'm asking to everyone has changed it, who confortable you feel and if my worries are unfounded...

thanks everyone!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 AM
rhoderider
Cruiser

You can see them on my FXDB. I find them to be be very comfortable. No pressure on my wrists at all. I have ridden sport bikes that were so painful in the wists that I had to stop every 30 to 45 minutes (some bikes are worth the pain), however there is none of that with the Holleywood Bars. I looked at a number of options before I selected this set of bars, and I am well satisfied with them.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Andrea hd
4th Gear

Originally Posted by rhoderider
You can see them on my FXDB. I find them to be be very comfortable. No pressure on my wrists at all. I have ridden sport bikes that were so painful in the wists that I had to stop every 30 to 45 minutes (some bikes are worth the pain), however there is none of that with the Holleywood Bars. I looked at a number of options before I selected this set of bars, and I am well satisfied with them.
thank you very much.

Lasts questions: are you as tall as me? and how is your back position is it vertical or a bit forward flexed ? and for keep arms position need a big effort or they are a bit bent? I understand this handlebar doesn't make your wrists rotated as the beachbar one, isn't it?

thank you, and sorry for the several questions but with my problem (epitrochleitis) I'm worried to get worse situation

Old 04-23-2013, 09:16 AM
rhoderider
Cruiser

Andrea - To answer your questions - I am your height at 5'10" (I've lost a couple inches over the years). I sit mostly upright, but with these bars it is easy to lean slightly forward when riding at a pace that makes a slight forward cant more comfortable. I'll attempt to repost a photo of me riding with these bars that was taken last Summer. The photo was taken by a friend and I was unaware that he was taking it so the posture is completely natural.

Attached Thumbnails Street Bob Hollywood Bars-2007-dyna-fxdb-in-motion..jpg  
Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Andrea hd
4th Gear

thank you very much for you're clear and completed reply. I cannot see the image, I think i'm too "young" (not yet 5 days for pictures and pms)..But as soos as possible i'll look your seat.

A think i'll go to the dealer to make me the offer and then mount it.
Thank you

Old 12-09-2015, 10:44 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Well, thanks, Google - three years on and I just found this thread. Let me resurrect you, oh dead thread...

Love the bars on the SG - mine had a set installed when I bought it and I'm glad it did - I think it was the combo of the black bars, black trim, flake paint, and lowered suspension that came together to catch my eye. Love that look...

Old 12-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Switchback12
Road Master
Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Well, thanks, Google - three years on and I just found this thread. Let me resurrect you, oh dead thread...

Love the bars on the SG - mine had a set installed when I bought it and I'm glad it did - I think it was the combo of the black bars, black trim, flake paint, and lowered suspension that came together to catch my eye. Love that look...
Me to used 3 1/2" pullback risors. 6ft tall.