Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXR models and newer engine fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012 | 10:03 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

Get an S&S 111 Evo Super Stock for that bike. I have a friend doing the same for an FXR he just bought.

The following users liked this post:
Blk/Wht/andChrome (06-13-2024)
Old 10-30-2012 | 11:18 AM
sonnydaze
Road Master

Originally Posted by DBLJ
sonnydaze do you have any pictures of some FXRd Kings by any chance?
no but they are all over the net , he just moved 500 miles away or i would go take some pictures for you

Old 10-30-2012 | 11:20 AM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Get an S&S 111 Evo Super Stock for that bike. I have a friend doing the same for an FXR he just bought.
The only problem with doing that is the bike would no longer be a Harley in the eyes of the DMV (at least where I live). It would be a custom build. Maybe that's not important to some people, but it is to me.

That 111" S&S "square" motor is really nice (and smooth, of course), and I think it would be a fantastic motor for a bagger. For a FXR...ummm, not so much.

I'm putting my '93 FXR back together now, and I'm keeping it a Harley (in the eyes of the DMV). I got brand new Evo cases from the MoCo, with my original engine number stamped on them for a real good price. I just had to send them my old cases, and I had the new ones in less than 2 weeks. The rest of the engine is getting a little S&S love.

She'll be getting a S&S stroker flywheel kit (4 5/8" stroke) that will yield 89" with 3 1/2" pistons. No case boring. With ported heads, Wood cam, Thunderheader, and a few other tricks up my sleeve, this FXR will be very lightweight, maneuverable, fast, and have excellent street manners to boot.

Bottom line is...you don't need a big bore Evo to humble some unsuspecting **** on his brand new 103" twinkie. A well built 80-90" Evo motor in a FXR can and will take care of business.

The following users liked this post:
Tornado187 (05-08-2024)
Old 10-30-2012 | 11:44 AM
sonnydaze
Road Master

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
The only problem with doing that is the bike would no longer be a Harley in the eyes of the DMV (at least where I live). It would be a custom build. Maybe that's not important to some people, but it is to me.

That 111" S&S "square" motor is really nice (and smooth, of course), and I think it would be a fantastic motor for a bagger. For a FXR...ummm, not so much.

I'm putting my '93 FXR back together now, and I'm keeping it a Harley (in the eyes of the DMV). I got brand new Evo cases from the MoCo, with my original engine number stamped on them for a real good price. I just had to send them my old cases, and I had the new ones in less than 2 weeks. The rest of the engine is getting a little S&S love.

She'll be getting a S&S stroker flywheel kit (4 5/8" stroke) that will yield 89" with 3 1/2" pistons. No case boring. With ported heads, Wood cam, Thunderheader, and a few other tricks up my sleeve, this FXR will be very lightweight, maneuverable, fast, and have excellent street manners to boot.

Bottom line is...you don't need a big bore Evo to humble some unsuspecting **** on his brand new 103" twinkie. A well built 80-90" Evo motor in a FXR can and will take care of business.
here is my custom fxr big inch evo bike , it eats starters and ring gears and starter drive gears for breakfast
[IMG][/IMG]
here is my fxdp guess what bike i ride because it give trouble free miles
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-30-2012 | 03:47 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

Is More to an FXR Frame than just Changing the Rake of the Front End ...

Old 10-30-2012 | 04:50 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master

Course one can just buy an aftermarket fxr frame which accepts a tc. Personally I would keep the evo though. Love my fxr4, but it stays stock

Old 10-30-2012 | 05:15 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk

i see you have not built many harleys
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-4329-Ha...352be8&vxp=mtr

Old 10-30-2012 | 07:44 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk

Future FXR project?

Old 10-30-2012 | 07:57 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

check out this moded roadking prodject
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...2b8282&vxp=mtr

Old 10-30-2012 | 08:50 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sonnydaze
check out this moded roadking prodject
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...2b8282&vxp=mtr
That has potential. Bad ***. I'd like to explore making a FLH/FXR hybrid. But we're going off track on the OP's thread.

Quick Reply: FXR models and newer engine fitment?