Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna vs Softail

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KEG
Definatly want a bike to drive, not to look at! Nice twisty mountain 10 miles from here that's calling me. What's everyones thoughts on that skinny front tire on the wide glide?
The only place where I really notice how narrow the front tire on my WG is would be on a section of freeway that has a fairly wide seam that runs parrallel to traffic between the fast and middle lanes. If you change lanes over that seam you can feel the front tire grab it and yank at the bars in your hands. My Sportster, who's front tire isn't wide but it is wider than the WG's, did the same thing but not as hard as the Wide Glide.

It's not a horrible thing and certainly wouldn't keep me from riding the bike but I'd imagine with a wider front tire I wouldn't have that issue or, at least, it would be far less noticible.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Csousanh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wondered about that when I first got my WG, but after pushing the bike this summer on some pretty good New England twisties, I love the tire and haven't noticed a negative at all. The rake offers a great track and the front suspension, with its wide stance, is firm and easy on the corners. The bike handles so much better then my old metric which had a 140 up front.

Don't sweat the tire, you can always put on a 90 (thats the biggest size the stock rim can take), but as I see it its not a huge deal and the skinny tire is part of the feel and look.