Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eye Protection

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 04:28 PM
salituro
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eye Protection

One last question, what does everyone use for eye protection? Just sunglasses? or do you use some sort of goggles?

Old 01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior
Default RE: Eye Protection

depends on which helmet I am wearing. Full face and 3/4, I wear regular glasses. Half helmet, I wear these http://www.panoptx.com/

Answers will also vary depending on if there is a windshield of some sort involved. I can wear regular glasses with a windshield, but not without one.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Nach
Cruiser

There are some good glases with the foam to keep the wind out that has 3 different sets of lenses : one clear, one dark, and one yellow. I went with these so if it clouds up or Im out later than I expected I can just pull over and put the clear lenses in

Old 01-28-2007, 04:33 PM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually wear either my Wiley X Romer 2's or my Oakley Straight jackets both are shaterproof and the Wiley X's have 3 different color lenses.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Dombow77
Tourer

I agree with Steelcowboy. I got a set of Wiley-Xs from my son, the former Marine. They all got them over there in the big sandbox. Brought them home broken, I called Wiley-X and told them and they said send back the broken frame and we will send you a replacement. No questioned asked. Great to deal with. And they are really comfortable. Came withclear and smake colored lenses.Can not go wrong with them.

Dombow77

Old 01-28-2007, 07:06 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

[quote]ORIGINAL: steelcowboy

I usually wear either my Wiley X Romer 2's or my Oakley Straight jackets both are shaterproof and the Wiley X's have 3 different color lenses.
[/quote

Oakley Staights 'round town; mini goggles on the open road - carry both clear and tinted versions in my fork bag.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:12 PM
hep0950
Tourer

I concur with the others. Have been told that regular sunglasses are not good if you only have a half helmet. Dirt can get in behind the lenses which could affect your vision. You need glasses that covers the sides, top, and bottom, such as those mentioned.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:54 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master

I am also researching this topic, I have looked at countless posts and it's either between wiley x or panoptix for me...Do any of you wear contacts? If so please let me know...
Thanks,
jdog

Old 01-28-2007, 08:11 PM
05LowRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use the Panoptix that have the photo sensative lenses. I also wear contacts. I found out right away that with or without the windshield, regular sunglasses wouldn't keep the wind out of my eyes.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
jca_54
Tourer

I finally invested in a good set of prescription wrap-around sunglasses from HD. Had them for about a year and absolutely loved'em. Left them at a bar about two weeks ago. Apparently someone needed them worse than me and did'nt turn them in.Oh well, I'll be more careful with the next pair.

Quick Reply: Eye Protection