Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNA to V-Rod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Nick USMC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Thanks for all the input and options. I will have to search for a dealer that will let me rent one because most of the Harley dealerships don't have them to rent. Unfortunately I don't think I will ever buy a bike from a Harley shop. They ask WAY too much for thier used bikes, don't give anything on trades, and always want a million dollars down to finance. I have great credit and where I bought my first bike (Dream Machines of Texas) they gave me know hassle at all and worked with me on the price WITH zero money down. I'm really disapointed in the deals they DON'T offer at Harley.

Sorry for my rant.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRK5892
T rod sharp scoot man
Thanks brotha... Likewise, you're Dyna is SICK!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:41 PM
USMCBattles
Tourer

t rod again i dont usually like the style of v rods but the flavor you added on yours it looks great.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Wykd
Tourer

both bikes are a win imo.

When was the last time you were in a hd store? I have had the same experience as you in the PAST, however this time around was night and day. Maybe it was just he sales person and the dealership itself.

I got my 2013 dyna for less than I could build it with the hdone online configuration tool, and while my credit is good its not perfect and I was offered 0 down & 72months if I wanted. Granted I told the sales guy to have them run 3-4 scenarios so I could look at my options.

I didnt really like the looks of the new vrods though, just something about it.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick USMC
Thanks for all the input and options. I will have to search for a dealer that will let me rent one because most of the Harley dealerships don't have them to rent. Unfortunately I don't think I will ever buy a bike from a Harley shop. They ask WAY too much for thier used bikes, don't give anything on trades, and always want a million dollars down to finance. I have great credit and where I bought my first bike (Dream Machines of Texas) they gave me know hassle at all and worked with me on the price WITH zero money down. I'm really disapointed in the deals they DON'T offer at Harley.

Sorry for my rant.
They are easier going than they used to be. No money down and wiggle room on the price is the norm now. I think in most cases you come out better selling your existing bike instead of trading it in.

I like V rods they are a different ride. Will have one someday.

Last edited by TXcruzin; 10-17-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 PM
cee
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

If you like street bikes you will probably be happier with the power of the vrod over the dyna. Get one of each. Dyna for travel, vrod for ripping around. I see plenty of vrods in my area for cheaper prices-maybe they don't hold their value as well, or appeal to as many people?

Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dyna's and V-rods are very different animals. Dyna's will give you low end tq at relatively low RPM's, while v-rods want to be wound out. Much different power bands.

My friend just picked up a 2008 Night rod Special last week. We're supposed to ride tomorrow afternoon and I'm looking forward to see how it compares to my dyna.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Mad Mex
Novice

http://www.no-limit-custom.com/

This is the factory who builded my tripletree by handcraft...really good stuff.
I like V-Rods, but it's cooler to make a slow bike fast wich nobody expected
For me and my bike the half mile is no problem against V-Rods.
After this winter, when the work at the engine is finish, I hope to reach 250 Km/h...that's the plan.

Some of my brothers rides V-Rods, they like them a much, but if we have to make long rides over 500 Km they becomes really problems with sitting and with their backs/necks...seems this bike is not build for long rides

Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 AM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like you need the v rod.
You ride a lot every day but you dont necessarily go on 300 mile trips and tour, so coming from your background and liking to carve and hit the twisties and looking for more power, the v rod might be perfect for you.

Some dont like the look of the rod but if it made you smile and you really liked it that might be the bike for you man, you want to enjoy your ride as much as possible when you are out there and spending the money.
why put money into a bike that isnt going to handle like the vrod ?
Good luck

Lump

Old 10-18-2012, 03:26 AM
deez nuts
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a 2000 Dyna. Done quite a bit of work to it but it was worth it. I'd say if you can do the work yourself you'd be better off to mod up the dyna. I dont think a long Vrod will tear a corner as well as your dyna will so after its all done youre gonna have a better bike with the dyna. Good cams and an S&S or Mikuni carb will make a hell of a difference.
I was running S&S 510G and Mikuni HSR45 with straight pipes for awhile and it had plenty of power to satisfy.

Quick Reply: DYNA to V-Rod?