Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 FXDB - Big Blue Pearl and Vivid Black

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012 | 04:21 AM
HYPR
Road Master

Originally Posted by thewholehog
Anyone seen this color in person? I can't decide if I like it or not, possibly might be too bright, too purple, too gaudy... Its this or denim black...

Any feedback welcome.

Saw one in that color and a candy color and in hope that I don't offend anyone here, to me they both looked like chick's bikes. Nothing personal but pass for me.
Regarding the Black Denim, I love mine but as already stated, it is becoming a sea of them so I plan on adding satin blue flames fo mine this winter just so I can find my bike in a parking lot of others LOL!
Bob

Old 10-14-2012 | 07:12 AM
thewholehog
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by HYPR
Saw one in that color and a candy color and in hope that I don't offend anyone here, to me they both looked like chick's bikes. Nothing personal but pass for me.
Regarding the Black Denim, I love mine but as already stated, it is becoming a sea of them so I plan on adding satin blue flames fo mine this winter just so I can find my bike in a parking lot of others LOL!
Bob
bob, I wouldn't call them "chicks bikes" but they certainly are colorful and I don't know how long it would be before you get sick of the color.

Black denim is definitely the safer option... The satin blue flames would look real nice on that denim black.

Last edited by thewholehog; 10-14-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2012 | 07:13 AM
thewholehog
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wykd
I was back at the dealership today to pick up some parts and that blue machine is the one closest to the parts counter...

So I stood there looking at it while waiting on the guy in front of me to stop asking to see this and that and something else a few times, before he left empty handed /shrug.

I came to conclusion about the paint job... I call it the sperm bike! looks like a big sperm swimming after about 10 minutes of looking at it. /shrug I commented abt the similarity to the counter guy and he burst out laughing that I thought so, because he said the other counter guys also said the same thing after staring at it for a day.
All I see when I look at the tank now is a big sperm. Thanks Wkyd. Hehehe.

Old 10-14-2012 | 07:20 AM
thewholehog
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bznitch
The Big Blue Pearl is not at all purple, but it does sparkle in the sun. Do you want shiny or not?
Thanks for the feedback, I definitely don't want purple in any way...

Can you tell me what highway pegs you have on your bike? They look like exactly what I am looking for (not too far forward).

Old 10-14-2012 | 08:49 AM
Bznitch
Road Master

Originally Posted by thewholehog
Thanks for the feedback, I definitely don't want purple in any way...

Can you tell me what highway pegs you have on your bike? They look like exactly what I am looking for (not too far forward).
I've actually taken those off and added an engine guard with different pegs. You can find those new HERE or if you are interested in used and painted black, PM me.

Old 11-06-2012 | 04:59 AM
tarabull
Cruiser

Its a personal opinion for sure. I like my big blue pearl it actually looks like two different colors in the dark or shade compared to the sunlight. But I am a chick so.....lol

Old 11-06-2012 | 05:48 AM
thewholehog
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by tarabull
Its a personal opinion for sure. I like my big blue pearl it actually looks like two different colors in the dark or shade compared to the sunlight. But I am a chick so.....lol
I think your bike looks cool. For some reason the big blue pearl bikes like yours looks like a different blue compared to the BBP and vivid black bikes which look more purple from pics tat I see on he Internet.

I have gone the safe option and ordered denim black.

Old 11-06-2012 | 06:03 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member

Black looks better

Old 11-06-2012 | 07:20 AM
Wykd
Tourer

I like the blue color, just not the sperm logo. Had they omitted that and just done a logo there it would be a great paintjob, the color combo is nice.

You can't go wrong with black

I went for the big flashy green, because i knew that when I got tired of it... i could always pick up some used tins and shoot them what ever color i want and put the originals away.

Last edited by Wykd; 11-06-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-06-2012 | 07:24 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior

I like the blue but the logo and the tear drop thingy it's in would have to go. My 2006 SB is flat black and I'm looking to have it painted. Just to many of the on the road. I'm a black bike guy so I either go glossy black with white pin stripe (wide) or black & gray, can't decide. Hard choice for you.

Quick Reply: 2013 FXDB - Big Blue Pearl and Vivid Black