Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Favorite 2 into 1 exhaust
Rinehart
7.04%
Supertrapp
19.72%
Bassani
12.68%
Thunderheader
12.68%
D&D
15.49%
Vance and Hines
15.49%
Bub
5.63%
other
11.27%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust Question: 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 AM
mr_reality
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question: 2 into 1

So I am looking to upgrade my stock exhaust on 2006 fxdci. I have narrowed it down to 2 systems;

Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
Rinehart 2 into 1

I am mostly looking for a deep rumble and something that my neighbors won't protest me. Anyone have experience with these exhaust systems and willing to share?

Thanks

Old 10-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my vote is thunderheader. great performance, sounds fantastic, its loud, and i dont care what my neighbors say but in your case id say go with the supertrapp. you basically control the sound and its a great performing pipe. my dad has the screaming eagle slip-on on his ultra (which is just a supertrapp pipe with a harley stamp) and its sound great. quiet enough at idle but barks when you hit the throttle. he loves it and it performs awesome!!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:11 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

supertrapp or v&h , nice rumble good performance , not loud unless your high in rpm range

Old 10-12-2012, 12:40 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my BUB Lakester

Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 PM
butterballs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Rinehart, I have no complaints. I like the sound, deep not tinny. not to loud at idle but plenty loud when I twist the throttle and the bike runs great.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 PM
NVS
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would put a thunderheader on it

Old 10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

From a performance standpoint, D&D, Supertrapp, or Bassani. If you dont want to annoy your neighbors, theres D&D or Supertrapp.
The best sounding is the Rinehart, but its loud.
I dont care for Thunderheader, because when you look up "problem" in the harley dictionary, thunderheader is the first definition there it. Besides, they're loud and everybody and their brother runs them.
Supertrapp sounds like a monkey spanking a watermelon at idle, and is relatively quiet when you romp on it. On a built motor, it sounds great.
Bassani can get loud under light acceleration, but sounds good at idle.
D&D sounds good at idle, and sounds spirited when you get on it, and performs almost as well as the Supertrapp.
I noticed Sampson wasnt on your list. They sound good, are known to break windows a block away, and nobody will want to ride behind you.

I run a modified Supertrapp, because I'm known to not care what anyone else thinks. Except maybe my neighbors, whom I happen to like a lot.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bassani has a quiet baffle, but you have to buy it seperate. I'm considering one since my exhaust is louder than **** now after my engine build.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kk6pg
From a performance standpoint, D&D, Supertrapp, or Bassani. If you dont want to annoy your neighbors, theres D&D or Supertrapp.
The best sounding is the Rinehart, but its loud.
I dont care for Thunderheader, because when you look up "problem" in the harley dictionary, thunderheader is the first definition there it. Besides, they're loud and everybody and their brother runs them.
Supertrapp sounds like a monkey spanking a watermelon at idle, and is relatively quiet when you romp on it. On a built motor, it sounds great.
Bassani can get loud under light acceleration, but sounds good at idle.
D&D sounds good at idle, and sounds spirited when you get on it, and performs almost as well as the Supertrapp.
I noticed Sampson wasnt on your list. They sound good, are known to break windows a block away, and nobody will want to ride behind you.

I run a modified Supertrapp, because I'm known to not care what anyone else thinks. Except maybe my neighbors, whom I happen to like a lot.
Although some Samson pipes have been known to be loud the new Powerflow III has a nice moderate sound.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:58 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you've already narrowed it down to: Supertrapp 2:1 or Supermeg Rinehart 2 into 1, what's the point of the poll?

More to the point, what were your deciding factors in choosing those two pipes for your final decision?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question: 2 into 1