Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:16 PM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype

Just got a note from DougZ on a 1/4 fairing prototype for the fat bob. I have no vested association, just passing on info. Pic attached...

---------------
All,
Please take a moment to review the attached digital image and tell me which you like better - the left image*has a 'scowl' over the headlights and the right image does not. The side profile will be very similar to the Ness 1/4 fairing that I used on my FXRX-Wedge which you can view at http://www.dougz.com/custom_bikes.php?sgid=123*
I'm just trying*to get a feel for what will be the most popular before I finalize the shape of the fairing.*As you can see this will be a one piece fairing (IE: no transparent windshield), this will keep cost down*and leave more area for color which is a more sinister look. I'm open to any suggestions - but please respond quickly as I've already begun creating this and will make good progress on this over the next month, with a goal of having it done in time for Christmas gift giving.
Feel free to post this image on your favorite forum and let other FatBob owners know*that a 1/4 fairing will soon be available for their bikes.
Thanks much for your input - it is MUCH appreciated.
Doug Wozney
DOUGZ Custom Paint & Fabrication LLC
2323 Palace St.* La Crosse, Wi. 54603
(608) 783-3684
doug@dougz.com / www.dougz.com

Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 PM
oubronco
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one on the left makes the bike look pissed off and the one on the right looks like an Oh Shyt look

Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I dig the one on the left the most but light reflection inside the fairing would suck... so the open one is prob the way to go

Old 09-29-2012, 01:00 PM
scoriden
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

To me they look like either an angry or surprised Tweety Pie (Loony Toons). All seriousness and respect for what you are doing, the shape is too friendly.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-baby_tweety_bird_21.png  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

Saw this one on a Fat Bob Bikers forum from the Netherlands.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-fairring-visit-1.jpg   Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-fairring-visit-4.jpg   Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-fairring-visit-9.jpg  
Old 09-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

some more pics.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-fairring-visit-7.jpg   Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-fairring-visit-2.jpg  
Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by oubronco
The one on the left makes the bike look pissed off and the one on the right looks like an Oh Shyt look
Exactly what I was thinking! One thing about those mock-up pics is that there is absolutely no room around those headlights. I'm sure the final production models will have a little room around the lights. Which to Joes response, might make the light reflection back under the fairing better (or worse, IDK). Overall, they appear OK.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 PM
FXRProblemChild
Advanced

I hate the Fatbob normally because of the headlight but if it had that fairing on the left I would be a fan. Slightly less scowl would reduce the flashback from the light but when purchased you could easily modify it to sit further back on the lights. That is if the quality is as good as the ness fairings. I hope the side profile would have some shape to it to keep it from looking like the ness fairings for the mid glide front ends.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Right one fore sure. Does it come in black?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master

Right side.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype