Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:08 AM
duncanpod
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Left one gets my vote

Old 01-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Fatness
Intermediate
Default super nice Doug!@

Sick fairing design. I like both!! I saw someone ask about a 2 piece with a windscreen compatible top. Would be cool because then I could add an aftermarket screen and dial it up for long rides.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 PM
CaptainHook
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the one on the left better. Looks aggressive

Old 01-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatness
Sick fairing design. I like both!! I saw someone ask about a 2 piece with a windscreen compatible top. Would be cool because then I could add an aftermarket screen and dial it up for long rides.
Yep...that was my thought. Would be the perfect option for this and to retain the dual lights to set it apart from the rest. There is another guy putting a Rifle roadster on his FXDF this winter with a solo light, looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 PM
dougzcp&f
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatness
Take a look at www.laminarlip.com I'm thinking something like that will be a future add-on piece. I've used these and they do a great job of moving the wind blast up anywhere from 4 to 5 inches or more depending on how much 'flip' is on the tail end and good positioning to take full advantage of the low pressure/high pressure area.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 AM
Sgt7212
Cruiser

Well, my tax return just hit my bank today so I'm getting ready to schedule my 10K service and Stage 1. Once that is complete, I need to see what I've got left and then I can either order or start saving for one of these 1/4 fairings for my Fat Bob. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it soon and stop using my fugly HD quick detach windshield.

Has anyone gotten one yet and had it painted? What should I expect to pay (ballpark) for getting it painted?

Also, my thoughts were to get a small fork or tool bag and tuck it in behind the 1/4 fairing to hold my insurance, registration and EZ pass (and possibly a small external lavalier mic for my GoPro) for when I don't want to have my LeatherPros Saddlebags on the bike. From the pictures it looks like it would be possible to tuck something in there and have it rest on top of the headlights. Does anyone know what size bag will fit behind there?

Last edited by Sgt7212; 02-07-2013 at 06:30 AM. Reason: additional questions
Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 AM
dougzcp&f
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An email will be going out within the next few days to all on my FatBob 1/4 fairing mailing list that will cover most of the latest questions by Sgt7212.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Sgt7212
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dougzcp&f
An email will be going out within the next few days to all on my FatBob 1/4 fairing mailing list that will cover most of the latest questions by Sgt7212.

Thanks Doug! I appreciate the quick response!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 PM
cdndiesel
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Doug, will your email include some directions on what to do if we are painting the fairing ourselves? I have painted everything on my bike and want to continue it. If not i will search around and dig up what I need to do so when I'm done it will look proper. Thanks again for putting in the effort and making this fairing for us Fat Bob owners. I can't wait to get mine in a couple of weeks( I phoned ordered mine last week from you).

Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 AM
groyalc
Novice

I've got one installed. Ill post some better pics when I have time.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-imag1164.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype