Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 01:27 AM
bruiz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt7212
I'm interested in seeing the final product. Right now I have a quick detach windshield that I will use on windy days or long trips, but don't really like the looks of. If this does a good job of diverting the wind and the final product looks decent, I may go with one. If it's quick detach, then I might be even more interested in it.

I'm in the same boat. This is the closest I've seen to what I want but I'm waiting to see the end results.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't see tweety bird, but I did see Marvin...

Old 11-05-2012, 04:05 PM
jp-1
Advanced

Looking good! I'm interested in one.

JP

Old 11-23-2012, 03:19 PM
cdndiesel
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Newest update from Doug. Seeing these pictures and I can't wait for these fairings to be done and get one. Damn, I like the looks of it!!

Here's Doug's words:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Attached are images showing the fairing FINALLY in filling primer! I have a yardstick in the image from the rider's position to give you an idea of where the top of the fairing is in relationship to the bars - 6.5 inches above. In that image you can also see (still in raw fiberglass) the mounts that will be epoxied to the fairing before it is sent out to you. These wrap around the tube just above the bottom triple tree and then clamp using the H-D detachable clamps just below the top triple tree.

Next step is to finish some small details on the mounts and get them in primer, then its on to the mothermolds for everything - I'm guessing it'll be another 2-3 weeks and we should be about ready for production.

Hope everyone has a great time with family and friends over Thanksgiving and, as usual, feel free to share these images on the forums.

Doug Wozney
DOUGZ Custom Paint & Fabrication LLC
2323 Palace Street
La Crosse, Wisconsin USA - 54603
608-783-3684

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-dsc05159.jpg   Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-dsc05160.jpg   Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-dsc05161.jpg   Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-dsc05162.jpg   Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype-dsc05163.jpg  

Old 11-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice, looks awesome.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

Looks good Doug!
I hope to get one!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 PM
FatBobJob
Advanced

Definately cool! I purchased the batwing fairing from Memphis shades because it was the only one that would fit the double headlight and its been becoming more and more popular in my area... I'm ready for a change, def a thumbs up from me on this one! what are we looking at for prices and where will it be available? Possibly make its way into Parts Unlimited?

Old 11-24-2012, 11:04 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice looking fairing! It's nice to have some options for the Fat Bob.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:18 PM
BVBOB
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I know this Doug guy you speak of, in fact he is a buddy of mine, I have sat on the bike with the fairing on and liked the way it felt, I thought it may have been too bulky but it doesn't give you that feeling at all and should do a good job of keeping some wind off your chest.
I have known this guy for most of my life and I can tell you with no doubt it will be of top shelf quality. He is not just some guy with a roll of glass and resin, he is a true artist in every sense of the word. He also makes some cool dyna and bagger chin fairings along with other accessories.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Norb
Cruiser

Disappointing. I thought it would look nicer when completed. it looks too big to me.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype