Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 11:58 PM
cdndiesel
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Right side. In black denim please.

I've been hanging out here for a bit and just got the time to join. We've had great riding weather here in Alberta so that's what I've been doing.

I have to say this is a great site, lots of good info sharing and not much attitude like on the Diesel forums I've been on for years now. As soon as I can figure out how to shrink photos of my Bob I'll put up pictures. I blacked it out with inspiration from here.

Ride on.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:49 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AFONE
Just got a note from DougZ on a 1/4 fairing prototype for the fat bob. I have no vested association, just passing on info. Pic attached...

---------------
All,
Please take a moment to review the attached digital image and tell me which you like better - the left image*has a 'scowl' over the headlights and the right image does not. The side profile will be very similar to the Ness 1/4 fairing that I used on my FXRX-Wedge which you can view at http://www.dougz.com/custom_bikes.php?sgid=123*
I'm just trying*to get a feel for what will be the most popular before I finalize the shape of the fairing.*As you can see this will be a one piece fairing (IE: no transparent windshield), this will keep cost down*and leave more area for color which is a more sinister look. I'm open to any suggestions - but please respond quickly as I've already begun creating this and will make good progress on this over the next month, with a goal of having it done in time for Christmas gift giving.
Feel free to post this image on your favorite forum and let other FatBob owners know*that a 1/4 fairing will soon be available for their bikes.
Thanks much for your input - it is MUCH appreciated.
Doug Wozney
DOUGZ Custom Paint & Fabrication LLC
2323 Palace St.* La Crosse, Wi. 54603
(608) 783-3684
doug@dougz.com / www.dougz.com
Doug,
I like them both but I am partial to the one on the left because it is more sinister looking but either would be on my Fat Bob in a minute especially if there is an interior compartment option available.
Bob

Old 09-30-2012, 09:33 AM
fmf979
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote for the one on the right.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:17 PM
cdndiesel
Cruiser

I sent Doug an email from his website and asked for any updates as they happen. Will post here anything I get back from him.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:42 PM
roadrunner1414
Road Master
Received 707 Likes on 445 Posts

Left one, gives it attitude but the overall shape isn;t right IMO - too sportsbike looking

Old 10-01-2012, 09:04 AM
DravenGSX
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right one.

Left one is too cartoony.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 AM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This just in from Doug...
-------------------------------------
Good Morning everyone, Thanks much for the feedback over the weekend - please continue to spread the word! It seems almost evenly split on those who like the 'scowl' vs. those who don't. When the design is finished the overall shape will be exactly the same on either one, so in reality I'll be able to 'open up' the headlights for those who prefer not to have the scowl, and I should mention here that the scowl in the digital image is probably more animated than it will be when the final design is completed. There has been mention on the forum regarding light 'reflection' behind the fairing. No worries there as I will have at least a one inch 'return' around the headlight opening to shroud the lights. Cost is another question: Without having one completely done its difficult to nail down an exact price, but my best guess right now is in the area of $500.00 US$ and as I usually do with any of my products I'll offer free shipping in the US and pro-rated shipping on International orders. This fairing will have a rock-solid mounting system included, so it will be a bolt-on. It may even be detachable if I can find a way to do that in a cost effective manner.

I've worked out a deal with my local H-D dealership, La Crosse Area Harley-Davidson, to get a new FatBob from them for my model and am planning on going head-first into this two weeks from now, with expectations of it taking 2-3 weeks to make enough progress to share images with you all.

Doug Wozney
DOUGZ Custom Paint & Fabrication LLC
2323 Palace Street
La Crosse, Wisconsin USA - 54603
608-783-3684
doug@dougz.com
www.dougz.com

Old 10-01-2012, 10:56 AM
cdndiesel
Cruiser

I just got the same email from Doug. Detachable would be a nice bonus. Can't wait to see the final version.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

i say get rid of the dual headlight and get a ness fairing.........would look a hell of a lot better and not have the sport bike look these have..

but for the people that got the bike just because of the lights ill choose the image on the right

Old 10-01-2012, 05:37 PM
sfetty
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the left side.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob 1/4 fairing prototype