Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost lost my buddy yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 03:59 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost lost my buddy yesterday...

My buddy and his roommate was on a late afternoon ride yesterday on a twisty county road outside Portland when a driver in a on coming car fell asleep and crossed the double yellow. He was going about 50mph in a sweeping left turn and tried to dodge the car by moving to the outside of the lane. Course around here there are many gravel driveways that enter country roads with gravel on the pavement directly around it. He hit that, slid into the soft gravel, did a cart-wheel and landed in a ditch. The car hit the car behind him head on. Both cars ended up heading the opposite direction they were traveling.

Thank God only broken bones for both of them, but another FXD bites the dust. Its totaled.

Just went to get it out of impound - $750 cash for less that 24 hours. I'm in the wrong business.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

wow man that is scary... people are nuts out there on the road... to much of this this year... myself included

Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 PM
whitewolf001
Tourer

I was gonna try to play devils advocate and defend the cager but he FELL ASLEEP for one, that's just retarded to be driving THAT tired... for two, I almost got creamed myself as of late so I know the fear that one feels in a close call let alone an accident...

Last edited by whitewolf001; 09-26-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank god he is ok!

I almost lost a great friend that rides up in your area last spring.....left hand turning idiot.

He made it, but his life is forever changed.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Mercyfulfate
Road Captain

that sucks fo your friend.glad he is allrite.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow, sad to hear that.
This year sucked for me as I did lose my best friend.
Can't be too careful nowadays.
People are driving crazy, irresponsible, reckless.
I have seen so many fly through red lights this year it's scary.
My other vehicle is an Expedition but I'd rather use my Dyna ,
you get allot more respect in an eight thousand pound car.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 AM
odie-in-az
Tourer

Dumbasses texting and driving....those are the sister-raping-no-good-dick-lickers you gotta watch out for. I see those ****** all over the place. One bullet right in the face. Just as bad as sleeping at the wheel.
I feel better now. Just venting!
I'm glad your friend is not f%cked off and will recover. That got my blood boiling man!

Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 AM
marcocruzer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just telling my wife that I've noticed an increase of aggression and speed in traffic these days. Not to mention an increased number of cars.
i've been driving in my city, for almost thirty years.
just driving with the flow, i notice an increase of at least 10+mph on regular roads... more on highways.
Combine that with Smart phones and the natural born sh*tty drivers and it spells bad times for bikes.
I sound old. Maybe I'm just getting old.
You guys are right... there's been a lot more "crash" stories on this forum as of late.
Glad to hear your buddies are relatively okay... ride safe fellas.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:18 AM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your buddy is OK? Fall asleep driving kills, so sorry about his bike.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:35 AM
JDogs
Intermediate

Glad your friend is okay!

Today I saw a guy on a ninja 250 entering the beginning of the car pool lane west bound on the 118 fwy in LA county from ventura county. A silver 4 door vehicle was driving slow. As the MCist was speeding up to pass and split the lane, the driver excelerated as to prevent from being passed and kept the MCist behind him. Then when the MCist had the chance to pass, the driver of the vehicle closed the space and prevented him from passing and keept doing this. That idiot could have killed the MCist or caused an accident. That **** pissed me off! I wanted to do or say something, but I got caught in traffic. Just when I think the driver is long gone, 5 minutes later I see him driving in the number 2 switching to the number 3 lane at 65Mph, slower than everyone else. Both driver and passenger are male whites, dark hair that looked like they worked for white collar companies and/or just came from the golf course. I just couldn't believe what I saw. Next time I will record it on my phone and post on youtube. ****ing ******** are out there trying to take out innocent people out because they think they own the road. Wish I had a spark plug to launch at the ******** windshield! I know its dangerous, but thats what I felt, probably wouldn't really do it as I wouldn't want to cause an accident that hurts other people beside that idiot driver. Some people just need a good'ol as whipping!!! Driving in LA sucks!

Last edited by JDogs; 09-27-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Almost lost my buddy yesterday...