Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost lost my buddy yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 04:31 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JDogs
Glad your friend is okay!

Today I saw a guy on a ninja 250 entering the beginning of the car pool lane west bound on the 118 fwy in LA county from ventura county. A silver 4 door vehicle was driving slow. As the MCist was speeding up to pass and split the lane, the driver excelerated as to prevent from being passed and kept the MCist behind him. Then when the MCist had the chance to pass, the driver of the vehicle closed the space and prevented him from passing and keept doing this. That idiot could have killed the MCist or caused an accident. That **** pissed me off! I wanted to do or say something, but I got caught in traffic. Just when I think the driver is long gone, 5 minutes later I see him driving in the number 2 switching to the number 3 lane at 65Mph, slower than everyone else. Both driver and passenger are male whites, dark hair that looked like they worked for white collar companies and/or just came from the golf course. I just couldn't believe what I saw. Next time I will record it on my phone and post on youtube. ****ing ******** are out there trying to take out innocent people out because they think they own the road. Wish I had a spark plug to launch at the ******** windshield! I know its dangerous, but thats what I felt, probably wouldn't really do it as I wouldn't want to cause an accident that hurts other people beside that idiot driver. Some people just need a good'ol as whipping!!! Driving in LA sucks!
I understand and can relate to your frustration. I see it as well on almost a daily basis and it isn't the drivers of performance cars either, it is the econo boxes and road tanks mostly. These drivers seem self rightous as if what they drive is better then everyone else. They will drive in the HIVOC lanes with no traffic in front of them at under the posted limit as if to prove a point and when you pass them they get rattled and cop an attitude. My cage is a performance ride and while I generally drive within the posted or a tad above I am always aware of the traffic around me an yeild to those who wnat to drive faster. No reason to compete and cause a bad situation. I have nothing to prove and don't feel I need to impress anyone. When I ride my bike I ride with the awareness that everyone is out to target me so I aviod being next to or in the blind spot of all drivers. I will not allow myself to be boxed in or run over. I keep a healthy distance from all vehicles and only split at stopped traffic even though it is legal. I am not preaching, just aware that we are invisable or targets plan and simple so why tempt fate?
Stay safe, stay aware.
Bob

Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 AM
whitewolf001
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDogs
Glad your friend is okay!

Today I saw a guy on a ninja 250 entering the beginning of the car pool lane west bound on the 118 fwy in LA county from ventura county. A silver 4 door vehicle was driving slow. As the MCist was speeding up to pass and split the lane, the driver excelerated as to prevent from being passed and kept the MCist behind him. Then when the MCist had the chance to pass, the driver of the vehicle closed the space and prevented him from passing and keept doing this. That idiot could have killed the MCist or caused an accident. That **** pissed me off! I wanted to do or say something, but I got caught in traffic. Just when I think the driver is long gone, 5 minutes later I see him driving in the number 2 switching to the number 3 lane at 65Mph, slower than everyone else. Both driver and passenger are male whites, dark hair that looked like they worked for white collar companies and/or just came from the golf course. I just couldn't believe what I saw. Next time I will record it on my phone and post on youtube. ****ing ******** are out there trying to take out innocent people out because they think they own the road. Wish I had a spark plug to launch at the ******** windshield! I know its dangerous, but thats what I felt, probably wouldn't really do it as I wouldn't want to cause an accident that hurts other people beside that idiot driver. Some people just need a good'ol as whipping!!! Driving in LA sucks!
After having my near miss as of late, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about however allowing your rage to get the best of you is DEFINITELY not the right course of action. After my near miss, I don't think I will ever let my rage get the best of me again, I was being Billy Badass and was about to whoop a young man whom was truly sorry and did not mean to do that, I calmed down told him to be careful and after enjoying a beer, tankful to be alive, I swore to myself that I wouldn't get that pissed ever again, you tend to do stupid things while that angry and I sir am living proof of such.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Nick USMC
Intermediate

Sorry to hear that his bike was destroyed. You can always replace a motorcycle, but you can never replace a life. I'm glad he is ok. was he wearing any safety gear?

Old 09-27-2012, 11:00 AM
phishbone
Novice

I just lost a riding buddy last week. 29 years of age. Another buddy paralyzed from the waste down a few months ago. Unfortunately both at their own fault. I have a new rule...2 wheels - 2 drinks max.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 AM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by odie-in-az
Dumbasses texting and driving....those are the sister-raping-no-good-dick-lickers you gotta watch out for. I see those ****** all over the place. One bullet right in the face. Just as bad as sleeping at the wheel.
I feel better now. Just venting!
I'm glad your friend is not f%cked off and will recover. That got my blood boiling man!
But it's perfectly ok to be snapping pics of yourself while riding down the road - like your signature pic? Give me a break.

I don't care if you do that **** or not, I've done it too. But before you start ragging on all the texting cell phone users you ought to look in the mirror.

And to the OP - hope your friend recovers as quickly as possible.

Old 09-27-2012, 11:26 AM
PhotoRider
Road Master

Yes, both had protection gear and will recover.

Happy everyone is OK. Saw the Jetta that was hit head on yesterday. The whole front end was gone and the roof buckled. Must have been a hard hit - no way a MC rider would have survived...

I think the point here is you never know whats up around the corner. I often think - we as drivers (both cages and 2 wheels) take a lot of faith to trust everyone else to stay in their side of the road as we pass them at high speeds. We just don't think about it and head on our way. Really the only thing you can do otherwise you would over-think the situation and would be afraid to leave your house However, the law of numbers means someone will not stay on their side at some point. As a driver always be ready for it and don't be complacent. A very hard thing to do actually.

No anger here - stuff happens. I am sure most of us have been a tired driver. No excuse, but still happens. A MC just has no safety net...

Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Elemental13
Cruiser

the one phrase i was told when i fists started riding by an older friend of mine whos had ridden his whole life was you have to pay attention it doesnt matter if its your fault or there's it does not make you any less dead. and ive stuck with that motto since then

sorry to hear about your buddy and his bike but again atleast hes still alive and nott too badly hurt

Old 09-27-2012, 02:48 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad your buddy is ok, I am also glad to hear there was no fatalities! Prayers to those involved to a fast recovery!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:51 PM
ilovemyskidoo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear your buddy's going to be ok, they make new bikes everyday.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:24 PM
whitewolf001
Tourer

skidoo, I love that quote, definitely applies to the common Sheeple.

Quick Reply: Almost lost my buddy yesterday...