Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on bargaining at the dealer for new Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007 | 10:13 AM
ZeroFiveFour
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Need advice on bargaining at the dealer for new Dyna

Wow guys. Great input and advice. Thanks much.

I'm definitely more informed now. My plan at the moment is to attempt to get a stock bike and add some chrome at time of purchase with the best discount I can get. Items that I will add off the start are:

1: streetslammer bars
2: Bullet Head lamp
3:Chrome inner primary
4maybe) add some chrome controls

Now I have to determine which stock bike to go with, I'm leaning heavily toward the super glide custom. But the low rider looks just as tempting.

Major thing I prefer about the SGC is the tank size. I like the seat height of the LR though.

More questions...

What are the differences between the Super glide custom and the Low rider. Doesn't appear to be anything significant.

Is it just the 1)headlamp, 2)tanksize,3) battery cover, 4)stock rims,inner primary color and 6)ground clearance?

6)Are the stock rims on the Superglide custom Chromed or are those steel?
7)Is the engine colored different on the two bikes?

I notice the Lowrider has a higher msrp. Does the super glide custom come with chrome rims?

Thanks again for all the great advice and responses.

Tom

Old 01-26-2007 | 10:18 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Droop is dead on: labor for any initial shop add-ons should be free and I would hold out for 20% off said parts. Winter time is good bargaining weather, 'specially on bikes already on the floor - worked that way for me anyway...the wheeler is going to gouge you eventually if you plan to use their service department.

Old 01-26-2007 | 10:29 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Excellent point: I buy my bikes in Omaha, NE; great prices,but I would never again let their shop moe-rons touch my girl. I will travel 85 miles to Columbus HD for any work I can't handle myself. I'm a costruction manager which gives me access to a lot of bros who ride regionally and thier opinions/experiences w/ many HD dealers (not always stealers).

Old 01-26-2007 | 12:52 PM
Gray
Novice

Only thing I can say don't buy when new model first comes out, instead try buying in winter - my dealer marks down like $1500. I completly didn't follow that advise and bought new '07 sill in the box in August so no deal for me. :-( I had three local dealers to choose from and none of them gave an inch on price. The prices are insane ripoff, especially for the quality - everything is geared towards suckering your desire for upgrades. Mine was just shy of $15k but after extended warranty, upgrades, taxes, tags, and freight it was more like 19k! Argh! I got a cheaper bike than what I wanted becasue I couldn't afford the more expensive one but ultimatly I wish I had of ponied up a few k more and got what I wanted. :-(

On the plus side - they do hold their value better than perhaps any other vehicle.

Good luck.