Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on bargaining at the dealer for new Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007 | 01:02 PM
mberryhill69
Intermediate
Default RE: Need advice on bargaining at the dealer for new Dyna

Ive been lurking around here and i am close to buying. Where do you get a copy of dealer invoice? Anyone suggest a great dealer in Texas?

Old 01-25-2007 | 02:08 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 01-25-2007 | 02:39 PM
Wayward Son
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mberryhill69

Ive been lurking around here and i am close to buying. Where do you get a copy of dealer invoice? Anyone suggest a great dealer in Texas?
I have no idea (re:invoice). But I have been paying attention. I suggest if you can get 1000 off msrp and no added freight and setup on an 07, you are getting a killer deal.

Old 01-25-2007 | 02:52 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

And another thing the dealership said isthey only sell bikes at MSRP to Local Hog Chapter members, so I went downstairs, paid my dues and walked back upstairs and said "here you go"

Old 01-25-2007 | 07:11 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Show NO loyalty to any dealership! They are not loyal to you. They want your money.....that's all! Every "nice thing" they do for you has an ulterior motive!

Better shop around...or you're going to get screwed!

Joe
[&:]

Old 01-25-2007 | 08:03 PM
mberryhill69
Intermediate

I went to a dealership today and every bike they had was already molested with add-ons that were over priced. But they did have the one bike i had been looking for(heritage softail peace officer edition)and it wasnt marked up.

Old 01-25-2007 | 08:53 PM
bigmo_dynasb
Cruiser

for another $1500 you could get one on the CVO dyna's the dealer here has on the floor..

Old 01-25-2007 | 10:52 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

What is really sad is that when I was looking for a new ride in Feb of 05 a local Stealership was selling bikes with minimal "upgrades" for 4-5000 over MSRP. I called the salesman out on it, told me that come spring the bikes will move for the prices he gave. Come spring when I stopped in for some oil and filter, for the new WG I bought somewhere else, only one of those bikes was still there and price was down to $2500 over msrp and a note on the bike said PRICE SLASHED. So I guess there are plenty of people out there that will pay whatever they have to just to get thier Harley.

Old 01-25-2007 | 11:08 PM
jca_54
Tourer

When I bouht my Street Bob in July of 06, I had a hard time finding a dealer that would sell me a stock onewith no add ons at MSRP. Salesman at Mancuso (Houston) said they had one in the warehouse getting ready to add accessories. I talked them into selling me just the bike with no add-ons. Then they tried tosell me accessories after the fact. Then the extended Warranty. Then the Credit Life Insurance. If I had bought all that crap I would have gone from 13,000 to 18,000 plus TT&L. Finally signed the papers with no add ons for MSRP plus TT&L. You might be able to dobetter than that at this time of year if you're patient. It's alot like car shopping. You just have to be patient and let them know you're not afraid to walk out the door.

Old 01-25-2007 | 11:26 PM
Asuperglide
Road Captain

Right now between 5%-15% under MSRP for the base bike and 70% for the add ons. In 30 days that base line will rise. The dealer is happy to equalize his cash flow. Take advantage of the situation.

Quick Reply: Need advice on bargaining at the dealer for new Dyna