Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice on bargaining at the dealer for new Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007 | 10:43 PM
98glider
Road Warrior
Default RE: Need advice on bargaining at the dealer for new Dyna

I also heard that Mills and Brians also have a excellent service dept for the HD

Old 01-24-2007 | 10:48 PM
oldfrtbkr
Cruiser

[quote]ORIGINAL: ZeroFiveFour

I'm in Maryland.
Thanks for the input, I'm glad I asked.

Iactually have the itemized work estimate in front of me. The wife asked for a copy, (shes awesome btw). The bike is already complete. It is one on display. It is a 2007 Super glide Custom. Pewter pearl. The price is listed on the tag for display.

The upgrades as listed on thework order include:

SS lines. Diamond back clutch and break lines.
Street Slammer handle bars
Diamond Back throttle
Smoked indicator lights

Chrome hand controls
Master cylinder chrome
Chrome switch housing

Chrome front end (forks)

Forward controls

Chrome inner primary
Shift kit linkage

Flush mount gas caps
Bullet Headlamp
Brawler Seat

What would be a decent otd price for this.
Thanks again,

Tom

==============================================
Sorry Zero, but it seems to me you're paying for a lot of stuff that later on you may or may not either want or need. Make a deal on a stock bike, even if you have to order it in from a dealer, and then treat it as a blank canvas and then you turn it into what you want it to be. Good luck!

Old 01-24-2007 | 11:47 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

I agree with a lot of the other posters, unless all that stuff is exactly what you want on a bike, get a completely stock bike and the you can add what you want. Otherwise you have $3000 worth of stuff you paid for but want to get rid of in a year. The best thing about bikes, especially HD is that there is a ton of aftermarket stuff out there. If you insist on getting a bike with extras make sure they are functional extras, Pipes, Air Cleaners, Big Bores, windsheild. Just my .02

Old 01-25-2007 | 12:48 AM
mikec
Road Captain

At M.S.R.P.? I've seen this freebee to near me also. I looked into
it and found they were asking $4000 over.

ORIGINAL: gman

my local dealer is selling at MSRP and for a short time is throwing in a free 103 ci. upgrade

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/7BD9000B4BA84B3A806F20826C947A01.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2007 | 12:52 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Go to the HD website and use the dealer locator to find 3-4 dealers in your area. Visit them all and ask if they have any special sale days in the Winter. I paid $1,000 under MSRP for my 06 Lowrider last January at a Sunday sale my dealer has every Winter. BTW, the Lowrider does come stock with lots of chrome on it. You may wish to take a hard look at one before you buy. I have put minimal accessories on mine and really like the look of the black powdercoated engine & chrome cases. JMO

Old 01-25-2007 | 04:37 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: CobraSnake

i know if i were going to spend that kinda money on a dyna it had better be a screamin eagle dyna. sounds kinda high i would definatley look around harley dealers prices can greatly differ from state to state. you may find a better deal at another dealer i would look around some.

a new lowrider is 15795 plus tax and lic. and they have quiet a bit of chrome on them.

and by the way you will lose alot of money on that bike it you trade it back in. had a saleman ive known for along time tell me straight up they pretty much go by the book on trade in and you dont get nothing even close to what you paid for it. so basically you end up with a superglide custom which is worth 14645 new and i pretty sure if you look youll find a lowrider that will be worth 15795.

i was kinda upset when i took my 06 bob with 2105 miles on itto the harley dealer last fall. i have a custom paint job and
lots of chrome add ons and they only offered me 10,000
and it doesnt have a scratch on it anywere.

was going to trade my 06 bob in for an 2007 lowrider but didnt feel like bending over thier counter that day so i road home and said screw it ill just customize mine the way i want and keep it from now on.

Amen, Brother!

That's why I won't be on an '07 Wideglide or Lowrider......Susie isn't worth squat at the dealer....would love to have a new Wideglide in vividblack, withht a solo seat, or a black lowrider....but with the depreciation, I gave up! Susie will be completed as soon as I get home, all chopped out! (42 degrees rake, custom painted tins, etc.)

Joe
[&:]

Old 01-25-2007 | 06:34 AM
Slayer
Cruiser

You should definatley call up other dealers in the area. You'll likely get several different OTD prices as the tax rate may be different and they may also be including the extended warranty and the tire/wheel plan. Prices _should_ be the same for MSRP, but if you play the dealers against eachother (hey dealer b, dealer a said he'd give it to me for MSRP and throw in a 2 year ext warranty addon for free) you'll get a good deal. Some dealers might also give you an in-house credit to compensate too.

Good luck!

Old 01-25-2007 | 11:07 AM
CroftonDamico
Cruiser

As far as the ESP (7 years) with tire care, shop around Maryland. Called about 6 dealers and the cheapest for my Ultra Classic was $1850., I took that quote to my dealer and he honored it. If you live close to the Delaware line, puchase your bike in Del., no state taxes.

As far as getting service; cheapest service per hour and great guys in Maryland is Eastern Performance.

Old 01-25-2007 | 12:09 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

I have always rode rice machines. I bought my first harley last year. I did a lot of researching and e-mailing and getting the best quotes for the bike I wanted from teh dealerships all over Louisiana. I went on line for the local dealership and submitted my loan application and the next day the internet sales jack#$% calls me and tries to sell me a bike $3,000 over MSRP before taxes, etc. I told him he was on crack. He told me they won't sell at MSRP and he has to feed his kids and all this other crap. I told him what the other dealerships quoted me. He didn't know what to say. My buddy took me to another sales person at the dealership and got it at MSRP. The other day, the internet sales dude calls and talks to the wife and asks her if I'm still looking for a Harley and she said he already got one from your dealership. He was not happy and hung up the phone. What I am saying is, do your research, it will pay off in the end. Oh and the 13% interest rate from Harley was too high for me.

Old 01-25-2007 | 12:53 PM
SpeedMK
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ZeroFiveFour

Hi,

I've been riding for 15 years, mainly sport bikes. This year I will be buying my first HD. I plan on purchasing a Dyna Super Glide Custom.

The bike has 2900.00 Dollars worth of Additional chrome and other accessories.

With 1000.00 Dollars in labor added to the Full price of 17,600.

For a grand total of 21,500.00 Dollars.

How much of these totals if any are potentially negotiable?
Would it be reasonable to negotiate the labor of the additional accessories.

I have no experience negotiating with HD.
I will have my own financing, so essentially I'll be paying in cash.

Basically what would be a reasonable price to offer for the bike and not insult the dealership.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to getting on the road with the HD this spring.

Tom

I just negotiated $1000.00 off the MSRP on my '07 Super Glide Custom and the freight and set up were at no charge.

You should be able to get this deal. If not, let the dealer know that you're willing to go elsewhere. If you walk in the door drooling and think your sales guy in your new best friend, you might as well stamp MSRP on your forehead.

Be as unemotional in front of the dealer as possible and let them know you're looking at other bikes from other brands.

Tell them that you're also looking at a Victory Vegas.

Quick Reply: Need advice on bargaining at the dealer for new Dyna