Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 2nd bike opinions from my fellow Dyna owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012 | 05:53 PM
lumper
Road Master

Well everyone has an opinion and thee are no shortages of glide riders here to steer you there way.'
I wonder why you didnt include the Road King or the ultra classic in your list.
The king can be dressed as much or little as you like so for me it is the best of all.
You can have the fairing if you want it or go without and have a windshiled or nothing at all and remain closer to your bike, you can add a tour pack if you need it, leg things with the pockets, etc..
The King is a cool bike, about the most comfy as far as touring goes and can be made into whatever you want it to do.

IF you tire of the fairing in the hot weather pop it off, when it gets cold put it back on, etc..
\The bike looks as good with it as it does without it.

I just think it is a perfect bike for touring but also a good run around town bike too.
Not gonna handle like your dyna but it will still have a ton of style no matter how you dress it.
IT is the King.
my 2 cents

Old 09-15-2012 | 08:29 PM
STREETWALKER
Cruiser

Road glide. Hard bags, functional fairing. Looks good in my opinion. I love that bike. I would not loose dyna for it but I would get that bike to add a second. Long term I plan on getting one.

Old 09-15-2012 | 09:42 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master

I just went through the same decision. Rode the rg and sg. Though the sg looked nice, but being 6'3" at 240lbs thought the bat wing was too much in my face, besides they are everywhere. The seem seem to be the cool poser bad a$$ bike now.

Since I have a FXDX wanted something at the other end so bought a rgu. The ultra is very nice, good integration and tour Pac is sweet.

Get the sg cause I don't want too many more rg's around

Old 09-16-2012 | 03:27 PM
pthauvet
Cruiser

I will going for another bike next spring, a Triumph Thruxton, I have the Harley that I want, but if I would get another one in the stable, it would be a toss up between a road king or a softail deluxe

Old 09-16-2012 | 03:30 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

I like the Street Glide, and if I were to go with a Victory, I would get the Hardball.

Old 09-18-2012 | 09:37 PM
ryderbiker
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lumper
Well everyone has an opinion and thee are no shortages of glide riders here to steer you there way.'
I wonder why you didnt include the Road King or the ultra classic in your list.
The king can be dressed as much or little as you like so for me it is the best of all.
You can have the fairing if you want it or go without and have a windshiled or nothing at all and remain closer to your bike, you can add a tour pack if you need it, leg things with the pockets, etc..
The King is a cool bike, about the most comfy as far as touring goes and can be made into whatever you want it to do.

IF you tire of the fairing in the hot weather pop it off, when it gets cold put it back on, etc..
\The bike looks as good with it as it does without it.

I just think it is a perfect bike for touring but also a good run around town bike too.
Not gonna handle like your dyna but it will still have a ton of style no matter how you dress it.
IT is the King.
my 2 cents
The road king is a nice bike but for the money you don't get what you do with the other bikes. I'm not interested in having a bike that I can slim down by removing bags and the windshield. I've got the Dyna for blasting around town and short trips. I need/want something I can be comfortable on to make 6-700 miles in a day and not be broke off when I get there. Most of those rides don't include a lot of riding once I'm there, just partying.

Old 09-18-2012 | 10:18 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

I have the Bastard Glide and a Street Glide in the garage and I rarely get the Dyna out any more, as a matter of fact it's up for sale. I love the Street Glide and it's a great ride in town and exceptional on the highway.

Old 09-19-2012 | 10:46 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

I added a second bike (2010 RG) last year to go along with the 2000 FXDL. After putting 1000+ miles on a few others (including the SG and RG that you're considering), for me the choice was easy... Road Glide Custom. It's an awesome bike and now gets about 75% of the miles I ride.

I spent about a year looking, before pulling the trigger and ended up getting an amazing deal. Since buying the bike, I upgraded the motor to a 107", put on a C&C seat, and upgraded the amp and speakers to ARC Audios MPAK 6.

Good luck!