Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 2nd bike opinions from my fellow Dyna owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012 | 09:25 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jaystn62
You ride a Dyna...try a Road King...just saying..it's a thought
I agree. Nice thing about the King is that the windshield is detachable if you want to just cruise with it. Obviously it's not going to provide the level of protection that the other touring bikes do with a fairing, but for those that want flexibility, don't want a stereo and want to keep it simple, the RK can be the perfect bike.

Old 09-14-2012 | 09:51 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sharkman73
I agree. Nice thing about the King is that the windshield is detachable if you want to just cruise with it. Obviously it's not going to provide the level of protection that the other touring bikes do with a fairing, but for those that want flexibility, don't want a stereo and want to keep it simple, the RK can be the perfect bike.
The dude is looking to get a SECOUND bike. That's mean another one in addition to the Dyna he has. A RK would kind of defeat the purpose of getting a touring bike for long hauls if you already have one bike without a windshield.

Old 09-14-2012 | 10:02 AM
ryderbiker
|
Road Warrior

Yep looking for a touring bike to get in addition to my Dyna. Any of the convertible stuff isn't an option. The three bikes listed in the original post are the options. I agree the the road king would be a great all around bike but I'm wanting some specific for long runs. Comfort, handling, and carrying stuff. I originally leaned toward the SG just for looks but I think the RG is winning. I appreciate everyone input. I will be riding the bikes before I make purchase. I'm really going to try and keep the mods to bars, pipes and a AC. We'll see how that goes.

Old 09-14-2012 | 10:20 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
Yep looking for a touring bike to get in addition to my Dyna. Any of the convertible stuff isn't an option. The three bikes listed in the original post are the options. I agree the the road king would be a great all around bike but I'm wanting some specific for long runs. Comfort, handling, and carrying stuff. I originally leaned toward the SG just for looks but I think the RG is winning. I appreciate everyone input. I will be riding the bikes before I make purchase. I'm really going to try and keep the mods to bars, pipes and a AC. We'll see how that goes.
Just a heads up brother, Road Glide Customs are a little harder to find then a Street Glide. I could only find two within 4 hours of me when I was looking and only one was the right color and it didn't have cruise...go figure. I ended up geting a Street Glide because I got a better deal on it.

I was looking at the Road Glide cause everyone has a Street Glide, including me now. I wanted a Street Glide first anyway. Some time it's best to go with your first chose.

Old 09-14-2012 | 10:50 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
Sorry, I was just throwing some options out there. I know when I start thinking about a second bike all kinds of things start going through my mind.

For what you want, the Road Glide is going to be your best option IMO. However, as others have mentioned, they are a little hard to find. Street Glides are a dime/dozen & are the most popular touring bike by far. For comparison on inventory, my dealer currently has 6 Electra Glides, 4 Street Glides, but only 1 Road Glide.

Go ride them and decide for yourself & only you can decide what is the right fit. Personally after riding the Street Glide & Road Glide, the Road Glide wins hands down due to the fixed fairing...better in the wind & handles better. But again, that's my opinion & you need to ride them both yourself.

Old 09-14-2012 | 09:52 PM
ryderbiker
|
Road Warrior

Well I've got a year to find one. I'll be getting a 2014 model. My luck they'll drop it from the lineup. I've got 10 dealers within a hours drive from me and I was able to locate a new two model year old sporty for a buddy who had to have a specific paint color. I think I'll be fine. Once again I appreciate the info.

Old 09-15-2012 | 09:33 AM
Robbie13
LOSER

In the same boat. I would never get rid of my SB. Would love to have a Street Glide. Maybe one day. The lottery is tonight so who knows.

Old 09-15-2012 | 11:43 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

id stay away from the newer bikes.....

Old 09-15-2012 | 03:25 PM
ryderbiker
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Why do you say that?

Old 09-15-2012 | 05:42 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Yeah? I have a 10 and a 12 and love em both.

Quick Reply: Looking for 2nd bike opinions from my fellow Dyna owners