Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 2nd bike opinions from my fellow Dyna owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012 | 07:27 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior

Land Shark!

Old 09-13-2012 | 07:36 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer

Of the bikes you listed I would chose a black Road Glide Custom. I think they are cooler than hell. Where I live It seems every 2cnd or 3rd bike is a Street Glide. They look cool, but you dont have to be a brain surgeon to look at the wind dynamics of the 2 fairings and see which one will work better.

And thanks for going to Afghanastan for us. I truly appreciate it.

Old 09-13-2012 | 07:42 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer

Originally Posted by JRK5892
well i am prob going to get black balled for this... but i have a few things... #1 check out some metrics...
Kawasaki Vaquero is an awesome machine! i have rode one several times and it simply blew my mind it was a stock bike...

if you are going for wifey confort, and distance, hate to say it nothing beats a wing... nothing... i have had 2 now... they ride like sport bikes and cruise like a caddy.. you can pick up a 96-98 1500 goldwing for like 5 - 6g and ride the sucker forever. only people that bash on wings is guys that never rode them... what we did for my brother was pick up a 1100 and rebuilt it somethign cool, 1500 watt stereo and all the trim... plus they are super easy to work on and have a cult following... ok let the hate begin

I have enjoyed owning 2 Kawasakis and they are good bikes. Yeah the Chrome is sometimes plastic etc and the Home office is in Japan, But the grill on my F150 is plastic too, and Kawa employes alot of Americans. And the dash on this bike is very attractive. Ive seen one of these customized and it turned out really neat. I'd consider it.

Old 09-13-2012 | 07:44 PM
ryderbiker
|
Road Warrior

I appreciate the support. I'm not going the Stan. The Army's mission is changing and Divisions are aligning with Geographic Commands, much like the Special Forces Groups. I'm going on the "Train your *** off and wait on something bad to happen" deployment. I don't mind not running around getting blown up by IEDs like my previous deployments.

Old 09-13-2012 | 07:50 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

Thank you for the service, my family wishes you luck.

Of the three, I'd go Road Glide for sure! That will be my next bike as I too hate making my bob do both...and I know my wife would like the road glide ultra better too than the bob.

I know a lot of guys with street glides and seem to love them, but none of those guys pour on the miles either. It seems the RG would just tour better and since your buying it for long distance, it makes sense.

Victory puts out a really nice bike so yeah, I'd ride one too to just to compare. I think you'd be impressed with the added horse power they have, especially with the heavy *** touring bike and a "weak" twin cam in it. But I love my harley so I'd just deal with the power myself personally.......and get a road glide!

Old 09-13-2012 | 09:35 PM
ryderbiker
|
Road Warrior

The looks of the RG are growing on me.

Old 09-14-2012 | 01:32 AM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army

You ride a Dyna...try a Road King...just saying..it's a thought

Old 09-14-2012 | 01:50 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

I have a lot of friends with Street Glides ... have a neighbor couple that both have Street Glides and love them ... they have got to be Harley's number one selling bike ...

I've done test rides on both Street Glide and Road Glide ... and although I was a little underwhelmed by both ... I'd go with the 'fugly' over the Street Glide ...

Thanks for 'taking one for the team' ... it is always nice to be able to get ahead a little financially after the hardship of the loss of consortium and society entailed by a deployment (wherever it takes you) ...

R/
'Chop

Old 09-14-2012 | 04:41 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member

Street Glide

Old 09-14-2012 | 08:56 AM
skeetermac
Novice

I would also like to thank you for your service.

I've owned several metrics in the past & one thing to consider is that most of them (not all) require valve checks/adjustments that are a PITA (depending on type of motor) to do yourself and expensive at the dealer.

Before purchasing my Dyna I decided I wanted to buy an American brand so considered Victory. What turned me away from Victory was:
1) Dealer network. Not as many dealers around for parts, support, maint., etc... & also the dealership you bought your Vic from today may not be a Vic dealer tomorrow. Don't know if this happens frequently but happened at the Vic dealer here in KC.
2) Resale value. Vics cost about the same as an HD new in many cases but depreciate at the metric rate. If you decide Victory I would buy used.

Just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Looking for 2nd bike opinions from my fellow Dyna owners