Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 2nd bike opinions from my fellow Dyna owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012 | 10:42 AM
ryda
Cruiser

Street Glide is going to be my second bike. However, the Road Glide Ultra would be a nice touring bike for two up.

Old 09-13-2012 | 10:55 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior

I agree with the looks of the faring on the SG over the RG. But the fixed faring on the RG is supposed to seriously enhance the handling. I got a chance to ride a friend's RG and it was a sweet ride. And just this morning on the way in to work I saw the most amazing looking flat black RG with the 103 and some subtle red pin striping... that's what I want for my next bike (and my Dyna is only a month old....)

Old 09-13-2012 | 11:24 AM
ryderbiker
|
Road Warrior

Yeah a friend picked up the same color RG last week. It looks sweet. Most guys I run with have two bikes and I am starting to understand why.

Old 09-13-2012 | 12:31 PM
JRK5892
Banned

well i am prob going to get black balled for this... but i have a few things... #1 check out some metrics...
Kawasaki Vaquero is an awesome machine! i have rode one several times and it simply blew my mind it was a stock bike...

if you are going for wifey confort, and distance, hate to say it nothing beats a wing... nothing... i have had 2 now... they ride like sport bikes and cruise like a caddy.. you can pick up a 96-98 1500 goldwing for like 5 - 6g and ride the sucker forever. only people that bash on wings is guys that never rode them... what we did for my brother was pick up a 1100 and rebuilt it somethign cool, 1500 watt stereo and all the trim... plus they are super easy to work on and have a cult following... ok let the hate begin

my brothers old wing

Old 09-13-2012 | 12:52 PM
hddan502
Road Master

I have ridden a SG, great ride with the exception of you feel like you are sitting on top of it, not in it. I know the majority of us sit on top of it....but you know what I'm saying. A different seat and some ape's could cure that feeling though. No opportunity on the RG yet, but talking with people who have had both, they like the RG.

Old 09-13-2012 | 01:13 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

The best advice that others have posted, and what I did. Is to rent the bikes you are interested in, if that's possible for you. A local HD dealer should let you do a rental for a period of time and let you take different models out. I did that through a independent dealer who also had some metrics to compare with.

Old 09-13-2012 | 04:25 PM
ryderbiker
|
Road Warrior

Thanks for the opinions. I plan to ride all three of them. (said that twice now for those who suggested it lol)

Joe, a buddy of mine has the Kawasaki you posted. It looks great going down the road, but it has to be an American brand.

Old 09-13-2012 | 06:13 PM
JRK5892
Banned

completely understand brother! completely

Old 09-13-2012 | 06:27 PM
HBomb74
Road Master

It seems like you have a little over a year to make your mind up. 12 month deployment to "Trashghanistan"? I'd bet you'd find all kinds of other Service Members to talk Harley's with. ****, who knows. After all the time you spend thinking about and jerking off to different bikes during your deployment, you might buy something totally different....

Be safe out there and thank you for your continued service....

Old 09-13-2012 | 06:39 PM
Bagger Jim
Club Member

I've got two friends that just bought new bikes. One bought the SG and the other the RG. They both love their new bikes, but who wouldn't. I think the SG looks better, but for a long haul, no question... RG.
and... ditto. Thanks for your service to what's left of out country.

Quick Reply: Looking for 2nd bike opinions from my fellow Dyna owners