Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork Brace....???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Vato_FXDB'07
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fork Brace....???

Ok, So I have an '07 Street Bob! I want a fork brace (49mm right?) Now does it really make a difference? I am putting cams and SERT on the bike and will be moving "quickly". Dont wanna waste money on a brace if it does improve the ride! Thanks in Advance for the replies!

Phil

Old 09-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I put one on my Fat Bob while trying to figure out what made the handling squirrely. Made little difference. The actual fix was a combination of getting rid of the Dunflops and fitting uprated fork springs/oil.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:35 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Internals will serve more effectively, but I LOVE the look of my [discontinued] brace.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:56 AM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SuperBrace

It made a huge difference for me. At speeds above 75 I felt the bike was a little unstable. Not much, just enough to want something a little firmer. Got the SuperBrace on the Dyna Group Buy and it made a whale of a difference. Others have reported little or no difference. Just like everything else results will vary with each rider and each bike.
Fork Brace....???-dsc01003.jpg

Fork Brace....???-dsc01005.jpg

Old 09-08-2012, 01:30 PM
mstrRob
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question ??

hey , I have an 09 street bob , did you install that fork brace after all ? Did you do it yourself ,and finally if you did I had a question maybe you could help me with ...thanks !

Old 09-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Harley Tim
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The big advantage in having a fork brace will show itself if you have a "highway strike". Pot-hole, object, small animal, ect. It will reduce, if not eliminate dynamic front end wobble. It does render a slight improved at higher speed, in that it makes the forks "work in concert".

IMHO....

Best wishes....Tim(HT)

Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 PM
McGinnes_john
Tourer

Just recently took mine off for a bit to see if it handled differently and noticed a bit of a decrease in handling, which could've been because I was thinking about it, but a HUGE difference in straight stops. Maybe it's the way I drive, but with the fork brace it stops dead straight. That's with 49mm forks. On a wide glide or smaller fork front end I'm told it's a much more significant difference.

Old 09-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harley Tim
The big advantage in having a fork brace will show itself if you have a "highway strike". Pot-hole, object, small animal, ect. It will reduce, if not eliminate dynamic front end wobble. It does render a slight improved at higher speed, in that it makes the forks "work in concert".

IMHO....

Best wishes....Tim(HT)
couldnt agree more. this is where i noticed the biggest improvement. bumps and potholes are everywhere in california. the brace helps keep the bike steady per say.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Vato_FXDB'07
Intermediate

Ok! I think I want one!.... Now where is the best place to purchase them from?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

from superbrace. or harley makes one.

Quick Reply: Fork Brace....???