Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tach/Speedo Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 02:58 AM
Clown Shoes
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tach/Speedo Recommendations

Fellas,
I'm switching my bars out in a couple months and decided to pick up and tach and speedo to mount on top. I'm going to get 14" WCTB with the bungs welded at the top of the crossbar so they sit just above the T. There are a lot of fancy, shiny, options available but I don't want anything like that. Just a simple seperate tach and speedo (not one device with both combined in 1). Does anyone out there run a setup out like that who can recommend a one that they like? Or recommend I stay away from one. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

clown

Old 08-30-2012, 08:38 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Adding a small tach up there is one thing but moving the speedo there will be a major PITA, the harness is pretty large as are the connectors, it will all have to be extended and hidden and what will you do with the old location in the dash? There aren't any readily available replacements. I added the 5" combo recently and I really like it, the is small but functional and realistically its mostly a novelty - I occasionally look to see what the cruising rpm is but never look at it while shifting. Its got some nice features and the fuel gauge actually works.